Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

lol. I mean, what are we even doing here?
Edit: Seems the benefits to a RHH or Essentials subscription is a) Fancy colour and b) "Early access" before a wider release. Seems like a lot to pay for those two things. I was also told through reddit that the cost of a sub was a perfectly reasonable ask for an EP. Also lol at the $12.99 Target price.

EDIT: Also an Amazon release as I've posted below.
Amazon product ASIN B099V7FWGV

Last edited:
lol. I mean, what are we even doing here?
Edit: Seems the benefits to a RHH or Essentials subscription is a) Fancy colour and b) "Early access" before a wider release. Seems like a lot to pay for those two things. I was also told through reddit that the cost of a sub was a perfectly reasonable ask for an EP. Also lol at the $12.99 Target price.
I doubt this is legit. Target was also supposedly selling the TTL version of Run The Jewels 2 for $12.99. I mean it’s worth a flyer I suppose but I would be very surprised is these orders are not cancelled or if they are fulfilled that buyers end up with something else besides a vinyl LP.

I doubt this is legit. Target was also supposedly selling the TTL version of Run The Jewels 2 for $12.99. I mean it’s worth a flyer I suppose but I would be very surprised is these orders are not cancelled or if they are fulfilled that buyers end up with something else besides a vinyl LP.
$12.99 for this seems more legit than the RTJ2. I'm far from an expert on US vinyl prices but if this one is mispriced, I'd say by like $5-7 max.

EDIT: I'd price it similar to, or slightly more than Denzel Curry's Unlocked, which falls in about $18 at Target.

$12.99 for this seems more legit than the RTJ2. I'm far from an expert on US vinyl prices but if this one is mispriced, I'd say by like $5-7 max.

EDIT: I'd price it similar to, or slightly more than Denzel Curry's Unlocked, which falls in about $18 at Target.
My point isn’t an issue with pricing so much as an issue with the Target marketplace. Sometimes things get listed for sale that don’t actually exist. This seems like one of those listings. Supposedly this is a preorder for approximately 2 weeks from now. Unless you believe this is a Target exclusive and not being released anywhere else, then this doesn’t seem like a legit listing.

My point isn’t an issue with pricing so much as an issue with the Target marketplace. Sometimes things get listed for sale that don’t actually exist. This seems like one of those listings. Supposedly this is a preorder for approximately 2 weeks from now. Unless you believe this is a Target exclusive and not being released anywhere else, then this doesn’t seem like a legit listing.
Amazon has a preorder up now too. Same pricing and sells and ships from amazon.com. (Plus $8 additional shipping to Canada should any Canadians want to snag it). I get what you're saying, but it seems like it's a legit release coming down the pipe, which again to me looks like again something that looks like at first is a VMP exclusive, is merely a timed VMP exclusive.

Last edited:
Amazon has a preorder up now too. Same pricing and sells and ships from amazon.com. (Plus $8 additional shipping to Canada should any Canadians want to snag it). I get what you're saying, but it seems like it's a legit release coming down the pipe, which again to me looks like again something that looks like at first is a VMP exclusive, is merely a timed VMP exclusive.
Im so glad I passed on the VMP version. I was absolutely against spending $40 for an EP. What a joke.

Plus I had a feeling it would see a wider reissue at a reasonable price.

Yeah, This was the same as Run The Jewels too. I am sure it’s the same market place listing. All the info is the same. Personally I have my doubts of the legitimacy but then again I own both already so I won’t be purchasing either. If I didn’t have either I would maybes take a flyer but I have a tough time believing either listing for Gibbs or RTJ for $12.99 records are legit.

Your overall gripe is still valid. There have been other releases that fit, I just don’t think this is one of them.

Im so glad I passed on the VMP version. I was absolutely against spending $40 for an EP. What a joke.

Plus I had a feeling it would see a wider reissue at a reasonable price.
And this is the point I'm getting at. There was no way I was going to use up a sub track on an EP like this and the instances of this happening are increasing. Like it's great if you're in it for the color variants, obi strips and anything else minor they want to toss in, but it's getting harder to justify the price for a music lover when you realize a lot of these things are just going to get a wider release for much cheaper.

Yeah, This was the same as Run The Jewels too. I am sure it’s the same market place listing. All the info is the same. Personally I have my doubts of the legitimacy but then again I own both already so I won’t be purchasing either. If I didn’t have either I would maybes take a flyer but I have a tough time believing either listing for Gibbs or RTJ for $12.99 records are legit.

Your overall gripe is still valid. There have been other releases that fit, I just don’t think this is one of them.
Was the RTJ2 a marketplace listing, or sold and shipped from Amazon? I can't find that particular listing to compare.

Here’s the $12.99 RTJ… if you guys think this is legit ya might as well grab this one too…

Run the jewels 2
Amazon product ASIN B099TSBS1F
Also, if anyone is interested I am selling some prime ocean front property in Arizona for about the same price.

Here’s the $12.99 RTJ… if you guys think this is legit ya might as well grab this one too…

Run the jewels 2
Amazon product ASIN B099TSBS1F
Also, if anyone is interested I am selling some prime ocean front property in Arizona for about the same price.
At least with Amazon you won't be charged if nothing ships

Ad forgot Str8 Killa. Can we repress YOL2????

At least with Amazon you won't be charged if nothing ships

Ad forgot Str8 Killa. Can we repress YOL2????
Yeah, I mean if it doesn't happen you don't get charged worst case. Best case you get a steal. Where's the scam here? Even if you do get it and it's shite, then Amazon just gives you your money back and tosses it in a landfill. There's literally zero risk in taking a flyer on it.

Was the RTJ2 a marketplace listing, or sold and shipped from Amazon? I can't find that particular listing to compare.
Yup. Both the Freddie and RTJ are both $12.99 and have the same preorder date and neither are listed on Bullmoose or at plaid room or other major independent record stores.

I personally don’t think these are legitimate listings but I hope they work out for those willing to take a chance on them. It feels like if Str8 Killa is seeing a wide release on wax in 2 weeks Gibbs marketing people are doing a terrible job promoting it.

Yeah, I mean if it doesn't happen you don't get charged worst case. Best case you get a steal. Where's the scam here? Even if you do get it and it's shite, then Amazon just gives you your money back and tosses it in a landfill. There's literally zero risk in taking a flyer on it.
Not saying it’s a scam. I am saying it’s not legit. Of course you will ultimately get your money back. I recall this happening with a Best Buy listing where a bunch of people received a CD copy of Mouse and The Mask from Best Buy. And more recently still a bunch of people on Reddit purchased some too good to be true priced LPs on Walmart’s marketplace and ended up with packets of screws.

Again, if you wanna take a chance on it go for it. And your point about some VMP releases exclusivity still stands…

I just don’t think this particular listing of Str8 Killa proves that point because I don’t think there is a wider release yet.

I think it's time to start buying lotto tickets.

-My first Mars Volta is mostly noise-free. Just a bit at the very end of Side A, nothing at the start of sides like other people encountered
-My ATLiens sounds perfect. Not a hint of surface noise on Side D.

So I kind of jinxed this. Yes, the start of my Side D is free of surface noise and sounds great... but there is a small but clearly visible scratch about halfway through the side that causes skipping near the beginning of "Elevators."

It would have been a perfect pressing if it hadn't been physically damaged.

The problem I'm struggling with, is it just feels so wasteful requesting another copy, finding out it sucks and doing it all over again. I wish there was a way to just get myself on the inevitable repress list without going through this song and dance.

Like how many MV copies do you think they sent out to customers originally vs how many replacements they've sent out?

Back