Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Just realized I’d been posting about the OutKast in the Essentials thread.

Here’s what the start of my side D sounds like.

Thanks for the video! Yeah, that noise is bad! Hope GZ and VMP can come to an agreement and agree to repress the C/D disc and make it work! 🤞🤞🤞

Good news. I look forward to receiving one somewhere around my fifth or sixth replacement...
Seriously. I put it on and didn’t know what aI was listening for so I listened to side 4 attentively all the way through and no noise at all. Especially after comparing it to the samples listed here. That would be hard to miss.

Seriously. I put it on and didn’t know what aI was listening for so I listened to side 4 attentively all the way through and no noise at all. Especially after comparing it to the samples listed here. That would be hard to miss.
Once again, I suspect GZ use their stampers well beyond their functional lifespan in order to save time and money. So any big runs have a lot of bad vinyl being pressed once you get up into the higher numbers. I suspect it's why the big run essentials are frequently bad, and I'm guessing this might have been the biggest monthly run of RHH in a very long time. So I bet that's why we're seeing this same issue this month on the usually very steady RHH track.

Once again, I suspect GZ use their stampers well beyond their functional lifespan in order to save time and money. So any big runs have a lot of bad vinyl being pressed once you get up into the higher numbers. I suspect it's why the big run essentials are frequently bad, and I'm guessing this might have been the biggest monthly run of RHH in a very long time. So I bet that's why we're seeing this same issue this month on the usually very steady RHH track.
Well, good luck. I mean at some point You gotta get on the right side of one of these fuck ups…right?

Well, good luck. I mean at some point You gotta get on the right side of one of these fuck ups…right?
Haha, HASN'T HAPPENED YET!

But I mean in the end I always get a good copy. The only time I didn't was Queen. And this month when they offered a free record for the Volta fuck up I asked for Queen and got it because Pauly is the best. So even that ended up working out. I wouldn't still be with them if they didn't always get me sorted, no matter how insane it gets...

Just curious, why do we think there's a mass mess up on ATLiens? I've seen some reports of noise on side D but just as many or more that say everything is fine. Seems like it may just be "standard" error still until more repots come. With Mars it seemed like there was never good reports

Just curious, why do we think there's a mass mess up on ATLiens? I've seen some reports of noise on side D but just as many or more that say everything is fine. Seems like it may just be "standard" error still until more repots come. With Mars it seemed like there was never good reports
I guess depends on where you look. Reddit seems to have little issue, but there's several reports here about noise (although one or two people report it being fine). Here I find is a little more discerning with the quality of sound whereas reddit is more "ooh shiny". I'm hoping it's just a few instances of bad luck, but after MV it wouldn't be surprising to anyone if a large batch of the pressing was fucked.

Woah woah woah did I miss something? Why is the track list completely different on the VMP ATLiens compared to the original?

According to the list on cogs it's identical. Why what are you seeing?

Yeah, the songs are in the same order, but shuffled to different sides. Part of the remastering, I guess. Sorry I didn't realize this on the first submission to 'cogs. I corrected it in a later edit.
🍻

Yeah and the lack of additional artwork and no list of all the credits is annoying, too.
I was really hoping they would include the comic too.

The
light embossing on the cover
is nice and so is the
green color inside
though.

(some details put under spoiler tags as these were nice surprises for me when I opened it, and don't want to ruin the fun for anyone)

Back