Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Because I'm a cheeky bastard and think it will be funny to see some of y'all lose your goddamn minds over my opinion, I'll quote my own post from over in the Rank The Albums! thread:

OutKast

Aquemini
ATLiens
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Speakerboxxx / The Love Below
Idlewild
Stankonia

I'm spinning my Newbury ATliens right now. Gotta say it sounds really good except for the occasional pop. I totally don't NEED a VMP pressing of this but... I know I'm going to get it either way and then just sell whichever sounds worse... Because my brain can't handle the "not knowing"...
That’s a good idea actually! I’ve got a standard pressing/reissue and that will be stored at my parents house for a future friend that loves vinyl and the album ATLiens! I really hope that it is indeed a R&HH ROTM! 🙏

That’s a good idea actually! I’ve got a standard pressing/reissue and that will be stored at my parents house for a future friend that loves vinyl and the album ATLiens! I really hope that it is indeed a R&HH ROTM! 🙏
It also helps that the Newbury pressing just sold for $300 which is absolute madness. So I have no problem letting that one go...

Living Legends is great, and I'd laugh and laugh if it ended up being them.
I like Living Legends but their albums/discography doesn’t excite me enough! They’re pretty great but I also unfortunately don’t really care for their music because of how much other hip-hop I enjoy more! Still, I do enjoy listening to their stuff every once in a long time! :)

Because I'm a cheeky bastard and think it will be funny to see some of y'all lose your goddamn minds over my opinion, I'll quote my own post from over in the Rank The Albums! thread:
I’m already unattracted to you for the fact that you prefer Idlewild more than Stankonia! 😷🤧😂🙅‍♂️

Like……ewwww! Especially as Stankonia has some really sexy smooth tracks such So Fresh, So Clean and Spaghetti Junction! And I’ll Call 📞 B4 I Cum 💦 is just👌 as well! 😂🔥

Gotta love how explosive and energetic B.O.B and Gasoline Dreams is too 💥🧨💥

And you can’t forget how crippling and deliciously sleazy We Luv Deez Hoez is too!!! 😏

And oh my baby Ms. Jackson is just too good! 😭😭😭🥇🏆

Just don’t understand why Stankonia is your least favourite!! 😝🧐

Cold vein or lovage being name checked as possibilities for July on reddit and I'm holding my breath hoping it's either one

Edit nerd... in search of might fit instead of atliens
I would absolutely love any of the four albums mentioned!!!

I’m already unattracted to you for the fact that you prefer Idlewild more than Stankonia! 😷🤧😂🙅‍♂️

Like……ewwww! Especially as Stankonia has some really sexy smooth tracks such So Fresh, So Clean and Spaghetti Junction! And I’ll Call 📞 B4 I Cum 💦 is just👌 as well! 😂🔥

Gotta love how explosive and energetic B.O.B and Gasoline Dreams is too 💥🧨💥

And you can’t forget how crippling and deliciously sleazy We Luv Deez Hoez is too!!! 😏

And oh my baby Ms. Jackson is just too good! 😭😭😭🥇🏆

Just don’t understand why Stankonia is your least favourite!! 😝🧐
@avecigrec have you met @NathanRicaud yet? He means well but sometimes (all the time) he gets a bit overly excited.

Cold vein or lovage being name checked as possibilities for July on reddit and I'm holding my breath hoping it's either one
if the clues are linear by month (which they have been EVERY single time they have done this so there is no reason to belive they suddenly decided to go differently)... the 2001 album is CONFIRMED to be a solo act.. unless its meant to be debut in which case what 2nd albums from 1996 and 4/5th album from 1990 would it be

if the clues are linear by month (which they have been EVERY single time they have done this so there is no reason to belive they suddenly decided to go differently)... the 2001 album is CONFIRMED to be a solo act.. unless its meant to be debut in which case what 2nd albums from 1996 and 4/5th album from 1990 would it be
ATLiens still fits 2nd album from 1996, but I couldn’t find anything that would be questionably 4th/5th album in 1990

Edutainment fits that perfectly, no?
Brand Nubian’s One For All fits the clues very well! 31 years ago & 4 or 5 members depending! The third clue (one of the artists’ appearing in the track a second time), isn’t applicable to the September R&HH ROTM! For this reason, it’s still Brand Nubian as the front runner!

I think OutKast’s ATLiens will likely be what the clue is referring to! It can’t be El-P/Cannibal Ox because it’s an exact repeat, it is unlikely to be N*E*R*D as there is more than one person that make up the group!

I really do think the clues so far are:

1). How many years ago the album was released

2). How many people make up the artist/group

3). One of these three R&HH ROTM’s is an artist/group that’s previously had a R&HH ROTM before! {OutKast’s ATLiens}

I still really hope either Missy Elliott’s Miss E…So Addictive or Aesop Rock’s Labor Days is the June R&HH ROTM, which is likely to be a hip-hop album from 2001, from a solo artist!

Jay-Z’s Blueprint would be special but we all know that will not happen!

RZA’s Bobby Digital is just so inconsistent and is just a mess! There are some real highlights on that album but it’s as inconsistent as a lot hip-hop albums from the late 90’s/early 2000’s!

Back