Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Kanye level of creative control is what I said lol which was in response to you saying he seems like an exaggerated caricature but lacks the output. I find that crazy because he has more input on his HIGH output, than the average artist who has a machine or backing behind them. Usually they just gets cookie cutter shit sent to them just to send it back after a verse then its released. The man paints, Acts, Cooks, and does novels on top of the music...but teach their own I guess. I just think he's way more artistic than most people that call themselves artists
Maybe I need to go back and really suss out Action Bronson's discography, but I don't think I'll fall in love with his discography or anything!

OMG, I am coming to meet up with you in Detroit as well! You have to take me to a cool hip-hop eatery or to a bar where you're favourite hip-hop DJ plays at! That's so cool you get famous people coming to you guys! 🤩🌟

I love Common so much! I love his album 'Be' so much! That album holds a special place in my heart and I'm so thankful he worked with Kanye West on the production on that one! It's a classic! ♥

haha for sure! We can go for some treats at Dilla’s Delights. J Dillas uncle owns a donut shop.

haha for sure! We can go for some treats at Dilla’s Delights. J Dillas uncle owns a donut shop.
I just went on their Instagram page and the place looks so cute! Their donuts look awesome too! I would love to go there with you and eat donuts and go for a walk and just chill! We could even do a mini cute picnic (I'll bring all the goodies), and I'll get some Dilla's Delights' donuts! 😋🍩🥤🥟🍇

Man Action is one of my favorite rappers and personalities. VMP needs to do a beautiful Blue Chips package, I would be over the moon.
Oh man I would love them to release Dr. Lecter or Blue Chips. Partly because they are killer albums and partly just to stick it to the guy who runs Chopped Herring Records. Thats the label that released them the first time but the owner purposely drip fed them into the market to force prices to rise. Earlier last year (maybe earlier) he 'found' another batch and sold them for £300 each or something.

"Teach their own" may be one of the finest Eggcorns I have ever heard (read). The adage is, "To Each, his own" from the Latin "Suum cuique". I truly loved your flip on it, please take no offense.
Kanye level of creative control is what I said lol which was in response to you saying he seems like an exaggerated caricature but lacks the output. I find that crazy because he has more input on his HIGH output, than the average artist who has a machine or backing behind them. Usually they just gets cookie cutter shit sent to them just to send it back after a verse then its released. The man paints, Acts, Cooks, and does novels on top of the music...but teach their own I guess. I just think he's way more artistic than most people that call themselves artists

...cant click with it, specifically because of the constant repetition of ARROW)...

Are you talking about how in the interludes between songs the voice goes "ARROW" a handful of times? THAT stopped you from clicking with the entire album. I mean, you don't have to like the album. I'm all for people not all liking the same thing. But...THAT is the specific reason?

i dunno what i will think of ghostface or action bronson depending on what it is

im becoming more nihilistic about this company because i didn't want the R&HH for a good while... the last one i kinda enjoyed was probably El-P (i know everyone likes blackalicious but i just... cant click with it, specifically because of the constant repetition of ARROW) and before that slowthai... maybe im just not the audience for R&HH
I'm starting to wonder if R&HH is for you at all Dukey lol. Give me approx 10 albums you love so I can get a feel for what u like in R&HH

Are you talking about how in the interludes between songs the voice goes "ARROW" a handful of times? THAT stopped you from clicking with the entire album. I mean, you don't have to like the album. I'm all for people not all liking the same thing. But...THAT is the specific reason?
Yeah this blew my mind. Blazing Arrow is one of my favorite albums.

Yeah this blew my mind. Blazing Arrow is one of my favorite albums.
Yes, I love the album too. However, I'm cool with someone not liking it - just that seems like such an arbitrary reason; not like really critiquing the substance of the album. Heck, I've disliked music (and other things) without being able to articulate a coherent reason; simply that I just wasn't "feeling" it.

More Salt n Pepa in the store for any one a fan of the R&HH ROTM

My bank account is tied up til Friday. Hope it lasts but it's only 750 :( sigh

Back