Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

They really need to step their Hip-Hop game up when it comes to these weekly drops. I can't even remember the last time I wanted to buy something from the store outside of Gibbs.
Last one for me would’ve definitely been the Danny Brown unknowwhatimsayin¿ and Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats UNLOCKED exclusive!

But yeah, I want VMP to do more Hip-Hop exclusives! Feels like they don’t do much at all...

You prefer this album more than Very Necessary? What are the tracks that stand out for you on Blacks’ Magic?
Back when we were guessing for Very Necessary i decided to listen to both that and Magic. There seems to be an idea that VMP tend to do the album after the one that made them popular so I checked this out. I remember thinking it was a stronger album, felt less commercial. As for track names I don't know because I played it on spotify while driving like I always do for work so the only one I can name is the obvious one let's talk about sex which is better than anything (or maybe on par with Whatta Man & Shoop) on Very Necessary

Fully agree. I feel I dont get the full benefit of having a membership enough being a majority hiphop fan

Exactly! At this point, we're only signed up for the monthly RHH track. Then they have the audacity to release Alfredo the way they did.

Mmmmmmm, like we really need more hip-hop exclusives! Hip-Hop is my favourite genre! I want more of it! 😋🎤🎬

They have sooooooooooooooo much content to choose from too. There is no excuse.

Exactly! At this point, we're only signed up for the monthly RHH track. Then they have the audacity to release Alfredo the way they did.
So sad I missed out on that release! I remember that dropped on Monday because they didn’t do any drops during that specific week of the Black Lives Matter. As a result, VMP dropped Alfredo the week after and had it for only $23!!! 😱

The pinwheel variant looks so good too. I was like...really bummed I missed out on it as I love the album and love VMP 😭😭😭

Why did I miss out on all of these you listed 😢
Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 was in the sale section for a long time! How did you miss out on that one? Also, UGK’s Ridin Dirty was in sale for a while too!

Jazzmatazz Vol. 1 and UGK’s Underground Kingz I understand on why you would’ve missed out, but those other two exclusives...how? 😂

I want that Eale Sweatshirt, Future, and Young Thug though! I don’t like Future but love DS2, that earl sweatshirt pressing of I Don’t Like Shit...looks amazing and I love Barter 6! 😩😩😩

But you know what hip-hop exclusive I really want, and the colour variant just looks unreal too....Mick Jenkins’ The Waters! 🌊

Also, wish I got that Anderson Paak’s Venice exclusive too, not that I was even around for it, but still...😩

@Jmcg85 - You getting the Salt-N-Pepa or not? I’m not sure if I want it! I like it, but I don’t know if it sounds too outdated for me...

It is 45RPM and I know it’ll sound amazing though! I actually really enjoy spinning Very Necessary! The VMP pressing sounds incredibly sharp and clean!

Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 was in the sale section for a long time! How did you miss out on that one? Also, UGK’s Ridin Dirty was in sale for a while too!

Jazzmatazz Vol. 1 and UGK’s Underground Kingz I understand on why you would’ve missed out, but those other two exclusives...how? 😂

I want that Eale Sweatshirt, Future, and Young Thug though! I don’t like Future but love DS2, that earl sweatshirt pressing of I Don’t Like Shit...looks amazing and I love Barter 6! 😩😩😩

But you know what hip-hop exclusive I really want, and the colour variant just looks unreal too....Mick Jenkins’ The Waters! 🌊

Also, wish I got that Anderson Paak’s Venice exclusive too, not that I was even around for it, but still...😩
Barter I wasnt a thugger fan at the time and more restrained on what vinyl I bought back then, I did get the Jeffrey repress and Beautiful Thugger Girls (have I got that name right, my memory 😢)

DS2 I chose not to because I have a blue and purple press but love vmp pressings so much now I should have

Jazzmatazz vol.1 missed out
Vol.2 I'm not as keen on but in hindsight should have got it
I didnt know they did Earl till now
I have Ridin Dirty (get on down and vmp)
I missed out on Underground Kingz 😩 Mick Jenkins and Paak too 😢

I really wish I would've been around for the Venice exclusive, The Waters exclusive, and the FutureSex/LoveSounds exclusive. All of those pressings are beautiful but I didn't even know about VMP until Gorillaz 😭

@Jmcg85 - You getting the Salt-N-Pepa or not? I’m not sure if I want it! I like it, but I don’t know if it sounds too outdated for me...

It is 45RPM and I know it’ll sound amazing though! I actually really enjoy spinning Very Necessary! The VMP pressing sounds incredibly sharp and clean!
No i don't want to spend 30 dollars on it i won't spin it. RSD next month too

I really wish I would've been around for the Venice exclusive, The Waters exclusive, and the FutureSex/LoveSounds exclusive. Both of those pressings are beautiful but I didn't even know about VMP until Gorillaz 😭
I avoided JT because I had a copy already. Sick now. Thats another I was foolish to pass up

More Salt n Pepa in the store for any one a fan of the R&HH ROTM
Blacks' Magic and 3 feet High and rising were the first 2 hip-hop albums I had on cassette. I used to mow the lawn to them with my yellow Sony walkman that I could flip a switch and change direction so I didn't have to flip the tape over. Literally wore them both out I listened to them so much. I need it just for nostalgic reasons.

I avoided JT because I had a copy already. Sick now. Thats another I was foolish to pass up
I'm just glad I was smart enough to pick up Underground Kingz. Doesn't sound super amazing and there's more surface noise than I'd like, but I still love giving it a spin (that first disc is some of their best music imo). Not to mention the resale price is insane. Also glad I picked up their Missy Elliott exclusive. I wish they'd do more records like that for the ROTM

I really wish I would've been around for the Venice exclusive, The Waters exclusive, and the FutureSex/LoveSounds exclusive. All of those pressings are beautiful but I didn't even know about VMP until Gorillaz 😭
And you know what hurts so bad???

Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds and Mick Jenkins’ The Waters both dropped in the same week! 😭😭😭

And yeah, the marbled colour exclusive for FutureSex/LoveSounds is so sexy too! 😩😩😩

I'm just glad I was smart enough to pick up Underground Kingz. Doesn't sound super amazing and there's more surface noise than I'd like, but I still love giving it a spin (that first disc is some of their best music imo). Not to mention the resale price is insane. Also glad I picked up their Missy Elliott exclusive. I wish they'd do more records like that for the ROTM
Supa Dupa Fly is such a classic! I love Timbaland’s production so much on that album!

Back