Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Is the Respect The Classics press no good? I feel like the fact that that’s out there alone would disqualify it. I really hope not though, I would really fucking love that record.
It doesn't disqualify it at all. They've repressed plenty of readily available albums in their subs already. At this moment I can genuinely see it being Black On Both Sides 🤞🏼, just gotta wait for next clue

I have the Black on Both Sides US Respect the Classics press. Got it recently pretty cheap on one of those recent uDiscoverMusic sales and sounds fine to me. But I'm no expert and can't knock the pick if it's that anyway as it's a great album. Depending on packaging I might pick it up even since my "budgeted" amount for Pray 4 Paris is still sitting there.

Since I recently got an original of Black on Both Sides, I'm not as excited about the prospect of it, but I still hope they do it because it is one of the best albums of the era and everyone should have it. I never heard anything good about the Respect the Classics reissue, especially for the price, so I held out for a better copy.

If VMP does it and there is more in the mastering chain than GZ DMM, I will have a hard time resisting picking it up to compare.

Since I recently got an original of Black on Both Sides, I'm not as excited about the prospect of it, but I still hope they do it because it is one of the best albums of the era and everyone should have it. I never heard anything good about the Respect the Classics reissue, especially for the price, so I held out for a better copy.

If VMP does it and there is more in the mastering chain than GZ DMM, I will have a hard time resisting picking it up to compare.
I really hope VMP do Mos Def Black On Both Sides but I doubt it because it’s too good to be true! Like, it honestly seems too good to be true! That’s like expecting Company Flow’s Funcrusher Plus and Ghostface Killah’s Supreme Clientele!

I really hope VMP do Mos Def Black On Both Sides but I doubt it because it’s too good to be true! Like, it honestly seems too good to be true! That’s like expecting Company Flow’s Funcrusher Plus and Ghostface Killah’s Supreme Clientele!
See thats the issue I do expect these releases (they rarely come) but I expect them and I think we are in our rights to expect these type of releases from a R&HH sub

See thats the issue I do expect these releases (they rarely come) but I expect them and I think we are in our rights to expect these type of releases from a R&HH sub
but how are they going to sell salt N pepa and an easily available roots album with those intense releases wearing them down

I hope it´s Missy Elliott - Da Real World. I´m kind of suprised that it hasn´t been mentioned in this thread yet, because it is Missy´s best album and a Top 5 RHH album from 1999 IMO. The re-issue from 2017 sold out super fast and is already quite expensive on Discogs. And VMP already did a "Supa Dupa Fly" exclusive, so connection-wise it should be possible.

I would not mind a re-issue of Mos Def or the High&Mighty, but I´m afraid if they get their hands on Rawkus, these re-issues will come as an anthology boxset

What is this VMP kiosk you speak of? I am moving to Denver soon.
In The Source (Denver is known for food halls and mixed use spaces and The Source is one of them) VMP has a kiosk and they sell a decently sized selection of VMP records from across their offerings. VMP was started here in CO so we get lucky with having a physical shop of sorts of theirs. I've now found a couple records that are listed as sold out online or not even listed on the site anymore.

Since we are talking Rawkus, did you see Talib said new Black Star is in final stages and produced by Madlib? The world def needs that right about now.

And I was just looking up Quality and seems like on Discogs it's only available overseas currently. Gonna have to keep an eye out for that to add to the collection bit wouldn't mind if VMP wanted to press that too...

I hope it´s Missy Elliott - Da Real World. I´m kind of suprised that it hasn´t been mentioned in this thread yet, because it is Missy´s best album and a Top 5 RHH album from 1999 IMO. The re-issue from 2017 sold out super fast and is already quite expensive on Discogs. And VMP already did a "Supa Dupa Fly" exclusive, so connection-wise it should be possible.
I picked up an OG US Release only a couple weeks ago in very good + condition media and sleeve. Plays perfect didnt cost me too much either thankfully. Excellent album 🔥

I picked up an OG US Release only a couple weeks ago in very good + condition media and sleeve. Plays perfect didnt cost me too much either thankfully. Excellent album 🔥
Yeah, I remember seeing you post that album in the ‘Fresh Grabs’ thread! I was loving all your Missy Elliott grabs! It was so cute seeing you completing Missy’s discography on vinyl! 🐣😇

And I was just looking up Quality and seems like on Discogs it's only available overseas currently. Gonna have to keep an eye out for that to add to the collection bit wouldn't mind if VMP wanted to press that too...

i dont know why i only have one Talib solo album on vinyl and have been meaning to change this forever.

Yeah, I remember seeing you post that album in the ‘Fresh Grabs’ thread! I was loving all your Missy Elliott grabs! It was so cute seeing you completing Missy’s discography on vinyl! 🐣😇
Really enjoying spinning all her albums these last few weeks 💙🔥

i dont know why i only have one Talib solo album on vinyl and have been meaning to change this forever.
I sadly have zero and REALLY need to change this.

I also saw someone on Reddit just the other day say Talib hasn't been involved in a good project since Black Star and my heart sank a little thinking people actually think this

I also saw someone on Reddit just the other day say Talib hasn't been involved in a good project since Black Star and my heart sank a little thinking people actually think this
Eardrum was his last great album! Damn that album had some marvellous songs! “Soon The New Day” featuring Norah Jones, “Eat To Live” and “In The Mood” featuring Kanye West & Roy Ayers are all superb tracks! And I loved how those 3 songs are all next to each other in the tracklisting! That album had some really tight production from a really impressive list of producers! 💎

After Eardrum though, Talib Kweli really dropped in terms of album quality in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

I agree with @NathanRicaud. But, those dummies saying the first Reflection Eternal isn't good, or even great are sleeping.

Eardrum was his last great album! Damn that album had some marvellous songs! “Soon The New Day” featuring Norah Jones, “Eat To Live” and “In The Mood” featuring Kanye West & Roy Ayers are all superb tracks! And I loved how those 3 songs are all next to each other in the tracklisting! That album had some really tight production from a really impressive list of producers! 💎

After Eardrum though, Talib Kweli really dropped in terms of album quality in my opinion 🤷‍♂️
I agree with @NathanRicaud. But, those dummies saying the first Reflection Eternal isn't good, or even great are sleeping.
I have no issues with these opinions. But trying to discount Quality and Reflection Eternal would be just silly IMO

Back