Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I have no issues with these opinions. But trying to discount Quality and Reflection Eternal would be just silly IMO
Yeah, Talib Kweli’s Quality and Reflection Eternal’s Train of Thought are incredible albums! Train of Thought is a classic for me! The summery, yet tribal/ghetto and soulful production is stunning on that album and Talib Kweli is his most diverse on that project! 💯

Eardrum was his last great album! Damn that album had some marvellous songs! “Soon The New Day” featuring Norah Jones, “Eat To Live” and “In The Mood” featuring Kanye West & Roy Ayers are all superb tracks! And I loved how those 3 songs are all next to each other in the tracklisting! That album had some really tight production from a really impressive list of producers! 💎

After Eardrum though, Talib Kweli really dropped in terms of album quality in my opinion 🤷‍♂️
I agree with this 💯

Lol look at me passing judgement on people and then referring to the album by the group name 🤦‍♂️. I don't know why but I always refer to the album as Reflection Eternal instead of Train of Thought.

I'm going to "force" myself to listen to it now until it's ingrained in my head correctly
I had this issue too initially mainly since “The Blast” was in super heavy rotation on MTV2 and MuchMusic in the Dorms when it was initially released and on the track constantly refer to themselves as Hi-Tek and Talib Kwili and the Gil Scott Heron mentions Reflections Eternal at the end of the track.

This makes me feel old Dukey. I hope it’s ODB, amazing artist and this album got plenty of spins back in the day.
Omg me too Murfocakes! I really hope we get Old Dirty Bastard’s N***a Please!!! 🤞

I would be absolutely fucking thrilled to bits if we get this album 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Would vmp press this with the controversial albjm title? 🤔

Omg me too Murfocakes! I really hope we get Old Dirty Bastard’s N***a Please!!! 🤞

They’ve only once actually chosen an album I’ve been hyped for in the predictions threads (Veedon Fleece) so I’m afraid my enthusiasm may have been the kiss of death for ODB’s magnum opus. Also no There’s A Poison Goin’ On by Public Enemy on the same ticket. However, for fans of Willenium it’s great news.

Not if Ma$e gets his way though lol

Sadly it does seem too good to be true that they would press ODB 😩
And even more too good to be true for it to be Mos Def’s Black On Both Sides! 😭😭😭

So all of you low-key hoping we get Mos Def’s Black On Both Sides.....FORGET IT! I would LOVE for VMP to make that July’s R&HH ROTM, but it is not happening! 🙅‍♂️❌

And even more too good to be true for it to be Mos Def’s Black On Both Sides! 😭😭😭

So all of you low-key hoping we get Mos Def’s Black On Both Sides.....FORGET IT! I would LOVE for VMP to make that July’s R&HH ROTM, but it is not happening! 🙅‍♂️❌

On the subject of Willenium, the next album of the month, myself and a friend were at university at the time it was released (old you see young Nathan & Dukey) and we used to go on ‘buckfast matinees’ where we would bring fortified wine into the cinema during the day and get trollied watching a shite movie. When we went to see Wild Wild West no one else was in the cinema so we got up and dancing around the seats pissed on Scotland’s dirtiest export. The lyrics in their simplistic pathetic literal reading of the cynical heartless movie created a belly laugh. Still Stevie Wonder sample and all, am I right? Am I right?

Back