Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Lol wat

“Turn on the Lights” was a religious experience every time I heard it out at 2 a.m. from 2011-2020

the southern fried posse cut (“Benz Friendz (Whatchutola)”)

A posse cut has more than 2 people

Not to mention that it was one of the few records ever that was about drugs that made you feel like you were on drugs.

Asap rocky, DJ screw, and a ton of weed rap would have a word with you
I think it’s clear that HNDRXX was made in Honest’s vision,

That explains why it didn't sell

Also I love that p4k is brought up because selling out when a bnm is made

But then you remember a lot of p4k nerds are also fantano nerds aaaand

2/10

NOT GOOD

2/10

NOT GOOD

Yeah, and part of their argument seems to be people like HNDRXX but not Honest, so they're hypocrites, which is a weird take, but also... plenty of people don't like both.

Yeah, and part of their argument seems to be people like HNDRXX but not Honest, so they're hypocrites, which is a weird take, but also... plenty of people don't like both.
Is it not gushy gush so soaky?

2/10

NOT GOOD

Not surprised he gave “Honest” a 2/10! The album fucking sucks! But his favourite track on the album is “Move That Dope”, so he at least knows that’s a banger!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Really torn on whether I should get this or not!? Like “Move That Dope” I know is going to be such a joy to spin and play loud! Like, I just know I’ll be feeling myself, dancing, and would be so happy when that song is getting played 😂😂😂

I am an avid Pitchfork reader, I kinda hate The Needle Drop, I enjoy the Future track “Fuck Up Some Commas” and not much else.

I am an avid Pitchfork reader, I kinda hate The Needle Drop, I enjoy the Future track “Fuck Up Some Commas” and not much else.
I like some of the freelance writers that pitchfork picks up. I don't like that the pitchfork editors change the score to not match the review sometimes. I like Fantano, but hate his fans/comment sections and disagree with him plenty. He's turned me onto some good stuff though. I don't really have an opinion on Future other than I don't need him in my collection. Doesn't do anything for me.

Swapped for White Stripes. Nothing else jumped at me. I have the essentials as an add on so I'll either swap something or cancel it in all likelihood. The Albert King is intriguing. I'd been wanting something Blues.

if you like honest i understand

but storf is being condescending and kind of a douche
I think that's why I don't like storf's writing. He phrases all kinds of subjective things like they are historical or objective truths and even calls out people who disagree with him while he is writing about it.

I don't have the problem that some people do of always thinking critics are speaking objectively, but Storf seems to go out of his way to argue it is objective, and that people who disagree with him are wrong, which is off-putting.

I think that's why I don't like storf's writing. He phrases all kinds of subjective things like they are historical or objective truths and even calls out people who disagree with him while he is writing about it.

I don't have the problem that some people do of always thinking critics are speaking objectively, but Storf seems to go out of his way to argue it is objective, and that people who disagree with him are wrong, which is off-putting.
I'm not sure Storf is as qualified to curate and write as he thinks he is tbh. As for Crash Prez I've made my feelings known on that guy for a while. VMP could use an in house shake up but maybe after they fix there shitty systems first that seem to upset so many (i personally don't have many issues) but I see so much on here and various social media sites to know they exist especially at every ROTM/Swap time

I'm not sure Storf is as qualified to curate and write as he thinks he is tbh. As for Crash Prez I've made my feelings known on that guy for a while. VMP could use an in house shake up but maybe after they fix there shitty systems first that seem to upset so many (i personally don't have many issues) but I see so much on here and various social media sites to know they exist especially at every ROTM/Swap time
he does a decent job curating for classics (besides the fact there is nothing but stax half of the time)

but when he gets involved in the hip hop and essentials ROTMs its embarassing

he does a decent job curating for classics (besides the fact there is nothing but stax half of the time)

but when he gets involved in the hip hop and essentials ROTMs its embarassing
I only tend to dip in and out of classics very sparingly so my experience is based on his Essentials & R&HH. One of his most cringeworthy reasons for picking an album was his mom bought it for him at target lol but at the same time I cant really argue with Juvenile I loved it so much I doubled up on it. Only time I've done that 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I only tend to dip in and out of classics very sparingly so my experience is based on his Essentials & R&HH. One of his most cringeworthy reasons for picking an album was his mom bought it for him at target lol but at the same time I cant really argue with Juvenile I loved it so much I doubled up on it. Only time I've done that 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
they need a hip hop head and analyst, a critic who is well versed in hip hop to really go and say "yeah this is what the ROTM should be", because they are missing out on some GREAT possible ROTMs (fever, die lit, so much fun, section.80, 2pac)

Back