Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I'm pretty sure my copy is fine. I was impressed with mine if anything and spun it a few times but saying that I was keeping busy in the kitchen while having it playing, my daughter talks so much she is constantly interrupting too so if there is problems I didn't notice lol. I hope you get sorted 👌🏼

Yea my copy is good as well. Best of luck @mitchplease

Random question, but did anyone have serious sound issues with their copy of Teflon Don? All 3 copies I've received have been either scratched resulting in a constant "ticking" noise or plagued with insane surface noise. I'm starting to get sick of asking for replacement copies because the ones I've received have all sounded terrible for different reasons
I didn't have it on super loud due to the time but I'm sorry to say it was an enjoyable listen. There was some slight crackle in parts on Side A but nothing that I'd consider of detriment to the listen, certainly nothing as you describe. Really hope that you get a decent one next time, real shit to have to keep fighting for something you can actually listen to.

On the album itself though, that Side B is fantastic. Wasn't an artist I regularly played through albums for so musn't have given the latter half the time of day as it really hit home tonight. Will definitely be revisiting the whole thing again soon.

Also I think the fact its the black cover means we aren't getting the deluxe tracks like sh!t and the karate chop remix with Wayne's most oof lyric

I won? Benz Friends? Never Satisfied? Cmon a little over dramatic no? 🤪😂
I don’t like “I Won” at all! “Benz Friends” just doesn’t sound right for me, it’s too overproduced. “Never Satisfied” is actually a pretty great track! It’s just short! I also don’t mind “Special” with Young Thug! The guitars on there are nice and moody, and Future’s spacious, somber tone is nice! It’s not a great track, but it’s pretty good! 🙂

Apart from Never Satisfied and Move That Dope, I don’t really vibe with anything on that album unfortunately. ⛔💤

I really like the whole of DS2 however! 💎

Also I think the fact its the black cover means we aren't getting the deluxe tracks like sh!t and the karate chop remix with Wayne's most oof lyric
I dunno if anything is that straight forward or not with VMP. They might have just kept the standard cover to match in with the black vinyl perhaps? I hope anyway

I don’t like “I Won” at all! “Benz Friends” just doesn’t sound right for me, it’s too overproduced. “Never Satisfied” is actually a pretty great track! It’s just short! I also don’t mind “Special” with Young Thug! The guitars on there are nice and moody, and Future’s spacious, somber tone is nice! It’s not a great track, but it’s pretty good! 🙂

Apart from Never Satisfied and Move That Dope, I don’t really vibe with anything on that album unfortunately. ⛔💤

I really like the whole of DS2 however! 💎
Thats cool of course. Your entitled to your opinion 👌🏼 i can't wait to get this on vinyl 🔥

From an artists’/band’s discography point of view, it’s disappointing that the last 3 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s were Future, Rick Ross & Salt-N-Pepa! Like none of them have ‘great’ discographies in my opinion! Fortunately, VMP chose the best Salt-N-Pepa and Rick Ross ROTM! They’re both a 7/10 and both contain around 3-4 magnificent cuts, amongst some other “good” tracks and some dud/filler tracks. They chose a lower-tier Future album, and he already has an average discography in terms of quality. If the R&HH ROTM pick was DS2, it would have been a 9/10 pick! That album is a near classic in my opinion.

But yeah, just want to express that I’m actually disappointed in the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM track so far this year. And the two great picks - Blackalicious and El-P - are both sold out! Whereas N*E*R*D, Rick Ross and Salt-N-Pepa are in stock, and will stay in stock for a long time I imagine. So yeah, 2020 isn’t looking that great in the R&HH track 😖⚠️❌

I’m really hoping we get something amazing for July’s R&HH ROTM to make up for the underwhelming picks from April-June! 🤞

From an artists’/band’s discography point of view, it’s disappointing that the last 3 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s were Future, Rick Ross & Salt-N-Pepa! Like none of them have ‘great’ discographies in my opinion! Fortunately, VMP chose the best Salt-N-Pepa and Rick Ross ROTM! They’re both a 7/10 and both contain around 3-4 magnificent cuts, amongst some other “good” tracks and some dud/filler tracks. They chose a lower-tier Future album, and he already has an average discography in terms of quality. If the R&HH ROTM pick was DS2, it would have been a 9/10 pick! That album is a near classic in my opinion.

But yeah, just want to express that I’m actually disappointed in the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM track so far this year. And the two great picks - Blackalicious and El-P - are both sold out! Whereas N*E*R*D, Rick Ross and Salt-N-Pepa are in stock, and will stay in stock for a long time I imagine. So yeah, 2020 isn’t looking that great in the R&HH track 😖⚠️❌

I’m really hoping we get something amazing for July’s R&HH ROTM to make up for the underwhelming picks from April-June! 🤞
For me VMP have pressed 3 albums I actually wanted NERD Ross & Future. Introduced me to an amazing album I wasn't familiar with Blackalicious and then pressed SNP which isn't a bad album but I personally don't care to own. I don't think NERD was the strongest of picks tbh but it was something I wanted. I would say for me it's been an above average half a year so far in the R&HH Sub i would rate it a 3.5./5
1 score dropped for SNP, Half Score dropped for NERD

For me VMP have pressed 3 albums I actually wanted NERD Ross & Future. Introduced me to an amazing album I wasn't familiar with Blackalicious and then pressed SNP which isn't a bad album but I personally don't care to own. I don't think NERD was the strongest of picks tbh but it was something I wanted. I would say for me it's been an above average half a year so far in the R&HH Sub i would rate it a 3.5./5
1 score dropped for SNP, Half Score dropped for NERD
Of it was NERD’s “In Search Of....”, it would’ve been a 10/10 pick! But Fly Or Die is around a 7/10 pick! 😶

What did you think of El-P!?! That’s my favourite R&HH this year, along with Blackalicious! 💎

Yeah, I also don't think that RHH had such a bad first half year. Blackalicious and El-P are great picks (though I got none of them yet, due to just joining back the other month and them selling out). N. E. R. D. looks like a fun album and I will try to pick it up the next 2 months. SnP is a good record too, I think I will enjoy to spin it and the Rick Ross record I've got is pretty good, much better than I've expected. Future isn't my thing personally, but I see many others seem to be excited for this. So I think they are doing a good business regarding curating and I'm very excited what the 2nd half of 2020 has in store.

Back