Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Of it was NERD’s “In Search Of....”, it would’ve been a 10/10 pick! But Fly Or Die is around a 7/10 pick! 😶

What did you think of El-P!?! That’s my favourite R&HH this year, along with Blackalicious! 💎
Oh shit how did I forget el p I was counting 5 months 😳 and you mentioned it. I'm drinking right now so ill blame that 😂 el p is an excellent choice so yeah 4.5/6 for me. 4 solid months and an OK month is very good but again thats for me

Oh shit how did I forget el p I was counting 5 months 😳 and you mentioned it. I'm drinking right now so ill blame that 😂 el p is an excellent choice so yeah 4.5/6 for me. 4 solid months and an OK month is very good but again thats for me
For me, this is how I’d rank them so far, taking into consideration the sound quality, and music, and the colour variant! I really like all the colour variants so far!

NERD - 7.5/10 (music 6.5/10, sound quality 9/10)
El-P - 10/10
Blackalicious - 10/10
Rick Ross - 7.5/10 (music 7/10, sound quality 8/10)

Should be receiving Salt-N-Pepa next week! Looking forward to spinning it! 😁

For me, this is how I’d rank them so far, taking into consideration the sound quality, and music, and the colour variant! I really like all the colour variants so far!

NERD - 7.5/10 (music 6.5/10, sound quality 9/10)
El-P - 10/10
Blackalicious - 10/10
Rick Ross - 7.5/10 (music 7/10, sound quality 8/10)

Should be receiving Salt-N-Pepa next week! Looking forward to spinning it! 😁
I would say then judging by this its been more successful than you think. Future is your only real let down. That's not bad at all

My SNP should be here next week too. Most expensive frisbee I'll ever play with my dog 🐕
tenor (9).gif

Sorry to be that guy again, but that NERD album is not a rap or hip hop album! I don't have a problem with them picking albums that aren't for me, like this month, but man that was a crap pick for this sub.
Your right it really isn't an R&HH they are just lucky I like the group so got away with it with me

Sorry to be that guy again, but that NERD album is not a rap or hip hop album! I don't have a problem with them picking albums that aren't for me, like this month, but man that was a crap pick for this sub.
Mmmmmmmmm that definitely was a poor pick as it wasn’t a hip-hop/rap album at all!

As someone who likes RHH but isn't a diehard fan of the genre, I've been disappointed with the sub this year.

I think Blackalicious and El-P were great picks.

Rick Ross I understand and the pick was fine. Not for me, but justifiable as a pick.

Salt-n-Pepa was not necessary and I think will hang around for a while.

NERD was a terrible pick and harkened back to the days of rap-rock that I wish I could forget.

The Future pick just reeks of mediocrity.

So 2 out of 6 for me.

As someone who likes RHH but isn't a diehard fan of the genre, I've been disappointed with the sub this year.

Rick Ross I understand and the pick was fine. Not for me, but justifiable as a pick.

NERD was a terrible pick and harkened back to the days of rap-rock that I wish I could forget.

So 2 out of 6 for me.
The SNP album is called Very Necessary though? 🤪

So 2 out of 6 for me.
See, I feel the exact same way! It’s also a 2 out of 6 for me! Even though I rate NERD and Rick Ross both 7/10, they are still disappointments as these are ROTM’s we are talking about! And yeah, El-P and Blackalicious were great picks!

The Future pick really does reek mediocrity, the NERD pick wasn’t even suitable and the Salt N Pepa pick is meh! Rick Ross is the best pick out of the bunch, but it’s just a “good” pick and not a great one, in my opinion!

See, I feel the exact same way! It’s also a 2 out of 6 for me! Even though I rate NERD and Rick Ross both 7/10, they are still disappointments as these are ROTM’s we are talking about! And yeah, El-P and Blackalicious were great picks!

The Future pick really does reek mediocrity, the NERD pick wasn’t even suitable and the Salt N Pepa pick is meh! Rick Ross is the best pick out of the bunch, but it’s just a “good” pick and not a great one, in my opinion!
Right, Rick Ross was fine. 10 years ago I would have probably gotten it, but its just not for me now. But I get it and I understand those who like it. But those other three have been terrible picks.

Last edited:
i have a big hunch that future is gonna stay on for a good few months...

probably even longer seeing as their older future exclusives failed badly

DS2 stayed in the store for a huge time even though thugger sells out in a day

and HNDRXX which storf said would sell out fast if they ever did do it (and then they did), ended up stuck in sales limbo for a little while

Right, Rick Ross was fine. 10 years ago I would have probably gotten it, but its just not for me. But I get it and I understand those who like it. But those other three have been terrible picks.
Future and NERD are pretty terrible picks, but not Salt-N-Pepa! That’s just an average pick! But such a disappointing pick when the first clue from Storf was “90’s hip-hop album that hasn’t been reissued since”! Like, I wouldn’t have thought it would be Salt-N-Pepa because I was so hyped for other possibilities! 👻📝🔑👨‍💻

and HNDRXX which storf said would sell out fast if they ever did do it (and then they did), ended up stuck in sales limbo for a little while
That HNDRXX exclusive was in the store for like a year and was in the sales section for a long time. Based off of that, I don't get why they think this is a pick that will fly off the shelves. If you can't sell a limited pressing of an artist, why do you think an album should be featured in a subscription?

Future and NERD are pretty terrible picks, but not Salt-N-Pepa! That’s just an average pick! But such a disappointing pick when the first clue from Storf was “90’s hip-hop album that hasn’t been reissued since”! Like, I wouldn’t have thought it would be Salt-N-Pepa because I was so hyped for other possibilities! 👻📝🔑👨‍💻
Agreed, more political than I remember hip-hop 90s led me in a lot of places before Salt-N-Pepa. Sometimes albums that haven't been reissued do not necessarily need to be reissued.

Mmmmm HNDRXX was in the sale section for a long time! Like VMP need to realise their demographics would rather rappers like Tyler, The Creator, Danny Brown, Noname, Milo, Denzel Curry, JPEGMAFIA, Isaiah Rashad, Earl Sweatshirt etc if we’re talking about current rappers. Not Future though.....rappers like Quavo, Nav, Lil Yachty, 2 Chainz etc won’t sell here. Travis Scott and Playboi Carti would because they are pretty alternative and aren’t too “trill”. But Future...🤦‍♂️

That HNDRXX exclusive was in the store for like a year and was in the sales section for a long time. Based off of that, I don't get why they think this is a pick that will fly off the shelves. If you can't sell a limited pressing of an artist, why do you think an album should be featured in a subscription?
Exactly! Hopefully they pressed only 2,500 copies max of this, just like they did with Rico Nasty! But they probably think so much people will want this Future album LMAOOO! 🤣

Mmmmm HNDRXX was in the sale section for a long time! Like VMP need to realise their demographics would rather rappers like Tyler, The Creator, Danny Brown, Noname, Milo, Denzel Curry, JPEGMAFIA, Isaiah Rashad, Earl Sweatshirt etc if we’re talking about current rappers. Not Future though.....rappers like Quavo, Nav, Lil Yachty, 2 Chainz etc won’t sell here. Travis Scott and Playboi Carti would because they are pretty alternative and aren’t too “trill”. But Future...🤦‍♂️
like the VMP hip hop head seems to lean more towards the weird, more super mainstream trap a la migos or future or hell maybe even gucci mane and TI may be the shit to them but a lot of people aren't as big on them..

meanwhile if they do Danny Brown it seems out ASAP.. noname gave birth to this track, denzel is a fast seller and i still wish we got the peggy exclusive.

there is a middle ground between mainstream and avant garde that i think would both satisfy VMPs growth plans and the N+G audience easy and thats the weird but mainstream artist who is beloved and cult famous. i love that you mentioned travis scott and playboi carti, people want die lit on vinyl badly and travis solo albums would work great for them, but i also want to mention other people who can work like lil uzi vert and the most obvious, young thug. they sold thugger exclusives 3 times and 2 times it sold out in a day and the final one was super close.. if they release so much fun as a ROTM they will make BANK off that thing

Just to give you some perspective!! Isaiah Rashad has 2.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify! But if VMP made one of his two studio albums a ROTM, it would without a doubt sell out! Future has 33 million monthly listeners on Spotify, but he wouldn’t sell out at all!

Like, just that kind of hip-hop trill, trap kind of music just isn’t popular amongst record collectors. Young Thug, Travis Scott, Playboi Carti are a bit different. Like they are so much more diverse in sound and appeal to more people who listen to a variety of music.

And then you have albums that are trill and even if they were released on vinyl for the first time, like Megan Thee Stallion’s “Fever”, they would sell very well as they are just very well respected albums critically and are also very popular!

Back