Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I always considered Melodica as a single when it came out. The 2 * 12” was, like most doubles back then, for mixing. Most if the tracks on the second 12 were instrumentals so that you could easily mix with the same track.

Nia was definitely presented as an album, that just wasn’t loud enough for mixing with, too many tracks.

The A to G ep was more album like, in that it was all different songs over 2 12’s but was labelled as an ep and pressed loud.

Oh my days, so im just listening to Blazing Arrows for the first time and have just read the track list info.

Gil Scott-Heron, Chali 2NA, and Questlove!! Whaaaaaaat.

And this lyricism is incredible. God damn im all in for this pick, looks like the OG is pricey as well so its not one of those that could of been picked up for a couple of quid.

Oh my days, so im just listening to Blazing Arrows for the first time and have just read the track list info.

And this lyricism is incredible. God damn im all in for this pick, looks like the OG is pricey as well so its not one of those that could of been picked up for a couple of quid.
It really is an amazing album. Really hoping it's the pick for the reason you mentioned.

Same here. I'm amazed how quickly blackalicious convinced me that they needed to be in my collection

It really is an amazing album. Really hoping it's the pick for the reason you mentioned.
Same here. I'm amazed how quickly blackalicious convinced me that they needed to be in my collection
I've listened to it for the first time ever myself today and it's great. These are the sort of picks I signed up for. Great couple of months for VMP lately if this is the pick

Even if this isn't the pick, the number of people who have listened to Blazing Arrow because of it possibly being the pick works for me. It really is a truly fantastic album that doesn't get the love it deserves IMO.
This forum always surprises me. I find Blackalicious to be a pretty well known entity in hip hop circles. I see all the other artists and albums that commenters here throw out and and love that when someone like Blackalicious becomes a revelation to them it just goes to show how wide the genre is.

Might have to look for Blazing Arrow on the second hand market (not investing 3 months with VMP quite yet). Pretty nice to see they might be turning a corner on some of these RHH picks?

Back