Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

i am liking the pressing of ISWYD

a single problem i have is that the sides end kinda abruptly... it feels like they are all segwaying into something else and its awkward

I've no idea what clues mean.
I was thinking
Date : nothing released on 17th February 2002 I can see
Chart position: got close with lil jon 2 on rap&hh 14(not 17) in billboard 200
2 (Duo) 17 ( I dunno, it looks like 7L lol maybe Esoteric & DJ 7L)
Yeah nothing

I was thinking
Yeah nothing
Blackalicious.
Second major album, 17 tracks. Yes the tracks have a lot of b and C's but number wise on Cogs it's 17.

I was thinking
Yeah nothing
2nd album, 17 tracks long. Not my sleuthing This was cracked by someone over in the classics thread.

Blackalicious.
Second major album, 17 tracks. Yes the tracks have a lot of b and C's but number wise on Cogs it's 17.
2nd album, 17 tracks long. Not my sleuthing This was cracked by someone over in the classics thread.
Ah ok thanks guys. So it seems Blackalicious is pretty much nailed on then? Not familiar with the album admittedly so I'll take a copy and I will also play it on spotify tmrw 👌🏼👍🏻

And Blazing Arrow is really Blackalicious' 3rd album after Nia and Melodica. We're talking about Storf here so take it fwiw
Not that they are the authority of all music, but Dicogs has Melodica listed as an EP of Blackalicious and Blazing Arrow as their second LP. But they also show the J5 self titled album as an EP and and LP depending on the track listing. So yeah, who knows.

Not that they are the authority of all music, but Dicogs has Melodica listed as an EP of Blackalicious and Blazing Arrow as their second LP. But they also show the J5 self titled album as an EP and and LP depending on the track listing. So yeah, who knows.

Not to get all gatekeepery at all here but as someone who listened to Solesides pretty much since they began, Melodica was always seen as their first album. Nobody differentiated between EP's and LP's back then.. not to this extent at least. I mean, it even got issued as a 2x12" so that's gotta count for something right?

Not to get all gatekeepery at all here but as someone who listened to Solesides pretty much since they began, Melodica was always seen as their first album. Nobody differentiated between EP's and LP's back then.. not to this extent at least. I mean, it even got issued as a 2x12" so that's gotta count for something right?
True but Storf just looks at Cogs for clues like these and they don't have Melodica listed on the album page so I don't think semantics make much of a difference at this point. According to Cogs Blazing Arrows is the second LP. The clue doesn't have to be correct, it just has to be Storf correct...

Last edited:

I always considered Melodica as a single when it came out. The 2 * 12” was, like most doubles back then, for mixing. Most if the tracks on the second 12 were instrumentals so that you could easily mix with the same track.

Nia was definitely presented as an album, that just wasn’t loud enough for mixing with, too many tracks.

edit- didn’t realise, or forgot. But was originaly released as a single 12” in America with 7 tracks. The double that I had was the UK, MO wax release.

I would still see it as an ep though.

i

Last edited:
Back