Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Are we sure the hip hop ROTM will be chance

Not only will it be cheaper than buying it from him

But it seems complicated to do
It won't be. VMP would be cannibalizing Chance's sales since it would offer people time to cancel that pre-order -- or vice versa, where VMP would be losing sales due to this already be up for pre-order. Just doesn't seem like a smart business decision, unless VMP is a silent partner in these releases already, which would make more sense.

im really doubting it because the official pressing is 40 dollars

so VMP wouldn't make the album 23-30 dollars (1/4-1/2 the MSRP).. like the only time they kinda did that recently was clairo..
When Noname sold her own press after the VMP release, it came to like $40 shipped, but the opposite situation since everyone who wanted it at VMP already had it.

Colouring Book is definitely Chance The Rapper’s best album yet in my opinion. The last two tracks specifically (Finish Line/Drown & Blessings) are just incredible tracks. I think Colouring Book is very Chance The Rapper like because he still has that quirky, silly, eccentric, feel-good personality - just listen to the first few tracks.....Chance The Rapper’s signature tone is obviously still there.

Might need to give this one another spin but as it is, I can appreciate what's going on here but everything's come and gone too quickly for me to feel it past a "huh." I'm sure if I got hooked on instrumental hip-hop then then this pick would have me piqued but as it is I just don't think I'd spin this very much.

EDIT: Also, 90% sure I heard the long-jump sound from Super Mario 64.

Are we sure the hip hop ROTM will be chance

Not only will it be cheaper than buying it from him

But it seems complicated to do

After listening to the album, I kinda hope it's not.

For VMP, I still have Hud Dreams in my order at the moment, so I guess I'm keeping it. I don't love the album, but sadly I don't think there's anything I really want to swap it for.

Swaptions are pretty weak right now. I'd like Jorge Ben, but I can wait on that. My box looks to be Hud Dreams, Lightmen(lowest stock of my missing classics albums), and Isley Brothers.

After listening to the album, I kinda hope it's not.

For VMP, I still have Hud Dreams in my order at the moment, so I guess I'm keeping it. I don't love the album, but sadly I don't think there's anything I really want to swap it for.

Swaptions are pretty weak right now. I'd like Jorge Ben, but I can wait on that. My box looks to be Hud Dreams, Lightmen(lowest stock of my missing classics albums), and Isley Brothers.

I'm spinning Lightmen right now (got it in last month's box). Absolutely killer album.

Otherwise my box for this month will look a bit like yours; I'm keeping Knx and Isley, and swapped for Clipse (which is down to about 150 left, per Storf). Theoretically The Comet is Coming should also be in this upcoming box, which I'm excited for. I've been jamming to it on my headphones at work for a month or two now.

I'm really interested in whether Chance ends up being the pick for September. It would honestly stink to be the person who worked out what seemed like a surefire great new album deal only to have it come out and be a contender for biggest disappointment of the year.

Last edited:
i am now certain that chance will not be the ROTM

they would get so much hate and not sell out for doing this

plus i tried the link trick and it didn't work

Link trick doesn't work until a few days before the announcement

Look, I'm not a Chance fan, but only because I've never listened to him. Is this album really that bad? I saw pretty mixed reactions from everyone here on release day, and I think Fantano was spouting some hyperbole to cause controversy.

i am now certain that chance will not be the ROTM

they would get so much hate and not sell out for doing this

plus i tried the link trick and it didn't work
The link trick doesn’t work until maybe a week (if not closer) to the announcement date. They have to have created the announcement page for it to work.

Link trick doesn't work until a few days before the announcement

Look, I'm not a Chance fan, but only because I've never listened to him. Is this album really that bad? I saw pretty mixed reactions from everyone here on release day, and I think Fantano was spouting some hyperbole to cause controversy.

No. It’s a good album.

This is what I'm saying. I didn't like The Big Day and wouldn't call it good personally, but people are out here acting like he dropped Revival x1000. As someone who is not typically a fan of Chance's music, this album just struck me as average and middling. Plus either way you look at it, it's a big get for VMP. They don't care that people on social media are calling it "trash." Realistically speaking, this is going to be one of the best selling hip-hop albums of the year most likely, and there's no way VMP would pass up on an opportunity to get in on some of that just because Anthony Fantano gave it a 0.

Back