Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Saw this advertised on Facebook. Just thought it interesting since it was guessed here. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, they did say that if enough people swapped Tical out they'd have extra copies to spare for the store so... 🤷‍♂️

No they didn't. They said that, after the swaps came in, they'd make them available for those on the waitlist, who could swap for them, if they wanted to. In fact, Storf said that they'd contact people on the 1st of the month when they knew what was left, so that they could swap for them. I remember that, because my first thought was, "that's when the swaps are closed. How does that make sense?"

They said that once they did a repress of the Outkast they should have some in the store.

Swaps have been closed and they chose to drop these now without alerting anyone on the waitlist. They force a "sell out," so that people have to buy the other tracks they weren't interested in, or scoop up shit from the store that's been laying around. They've claimed that the only reason certain titles weren't available for swaps is because they were pre-orders and/or delays not in warehouse, then they don't offer the "who sampled?" or Juju titles. Once you can't swap, you have the "opportunity" to purchase the Tical or whatever else is "sold out" at a markup along with the title you purchased that you never wanted in the first place. I said I had a feeling that they were going to do this. Certain people said, "no way." Now they've done it and you're acting like they told this to people from the beginning? What was the waitlist for?

Im just sitting here wondering if its worth picking up Tical and Jorge Ben after the dust settling or continue with my "fuck VMP" stance
If hypothetically you bought Tical from a forum member for the cost of the track plus shipping is that breaking your "Fuck VMP" stance? Sounds like a loop hole to me ;)

No they didn't. They said that, after the swaps came in, they'd make them available for those on the waitlist, who could swap for them, if they wanted to. In fact, Storf said that they'd contact people on the 1st of the month when they knew what was left, so that they could swap for them. I remember that, because my first thought was, "that's when the swaps are closed. How does that make sense?"

They said that once they did a repress of the Outkast they should have some in the store.

Swaps have been closed and they chose to drop these now without alerting anyone on the waitlist. They force a "sell out," so that people have to buy the other tracks they weren't interested in, or scoop up shit from the store that's been laying around. They've claimed that the only reason certain titles weren't available for swaps is because they were pre-orders and/or delays not in warehouse, then they don't offer the "who sampled?" or Juju titles. Once you can't swap, you have the "opportunity" to purchase the Tical or whatever else is "sold out" at a markup along with the title you purchased that you never wanted in the first place. I said I had a feeling that they were going to do this. Certain people said, "no way." Now they've done it and you're acting like they told this to people from the beginning? What was the waitlist for?
I put 2 different emails on the waitlist and one of them received a message so 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Same here and Tical shows as 23 for me
View attachment 10930

Looks like they dropped the price. Unfortunately -- or fortunately, depending on who you are -- there's no 1 per person limit on this. You could order all of them, if you wanted. That's probably going to create a different issue. They do everything so fucking weird.

Last edited:
Looks like they dropped the prince. Unfortunately -- or fortunately, depending on who you are -- there's no 1 per person limit on this. You could order all of them, if you wanted. That's probably going to create a different issue. They do everything so fucking weird.
Yeah, I gave up on trying to find logic in all things VMP

I’m new to the VMP stuff. Thinking about joining the RHH side of things as that’s my main thing (especially 90s stuff). I’ve seen a lot of headaches lately so would it be worth my while to join? Worth the headaches?

I’m new to the VMP stuff. Thinking about joining the RHH side of things as that’s my main thing (especially 90s stuff). I’ve seen a lot of headaches lately so would it be worth my while to join? Worth the headaches?
Their product (is usually) top notch. You, coming in new and with low expectation; will probably be alright. A lot of us were members as their Customer Service went from top notch to garbage. You know what you're getting into and it's good way to acquire some decent albums.

Back