Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Q3-RHH-albeled_comp_1080x1080web.jpg

I'm gonna have to make a decision on September records. Was kind of hoping I could do Sublime but I added a track this month to grab it instead since it seems like this might be last chance.

Maybe just grab that Atmosphere?

Yeah. Really glad to see him represented in the track, but feels like an odd choice.
If it were say Labor Days or Impossible Kid then fine, they're available but I haven't gotten them on vinyl yet so I would likely have picked either up because I stupidly signed up for 6 mo for the bonus records. But this is the basic starting point to get into Aesop and it couldn't be easier to find.

If it were say Labor Days or Impossible Kid then fine, they're available but I haven't gotten them on vinyl yet so I would likely have picked either up because I stupidly signed up for 6 mo for the bonus records. But this is the basic starting point to get into Aesop and it couldn't be easier to find.

Those would be the top two considerations for me, personally. Nothing against the rest of his catalogue in any way shape, or form (he's one of my top emcees - I love 'em all!), but Labor Days and The Impossible Kid are both pretty pinnacle points at different ends of his career. Sure Skelethon really brought forth the new flow, but the sudden emergence of personal introspection that came with The Impossible Kid is an undeniable paradigm shift for him - and he rocked it well.

Hell, Bushwick would have been a more inspired choice than None Shall Pass, although very left-field and a bit daring since it's an instrumental film score. Or, as I mentioned in the past, finally reissuing Music for Earthworms would have been a monumental coup. Otherwise his solo stuff is all, thankfully, very readily available.

Now Hail Mary Mallon or The Uncluded... those would also be some very daring and exciting choices!

the aesop rock is aparently not that different from the recent repress.. but the repress is also 35 bucks so if its an add on then you are basically getting a colored version for the same price

the aesop rock is aparently not that different from the recent repress.. but the repress is also 35 bucks so if its an add on then you are basically getting a colored version for the same price

That seems like too much - I can get it up here for 35/40 and shit's usually much more expensive on this side of the invisible line.

Back