Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Agreed but... VMP does VMP things when it comes to this stuff. But yes, would definitely seem to be Tribe. I've been waiting so I'm all for it.
I already have a copy of The Low End Theory but it’s one that aI am willing to repurchase ad nausium as long as there is a chance it might be a definitive pressing.

Are all the records in "essential" really essential? It could be argued that Geto Boys are essential...and doing UGK and Geto Boys in the same month is BIG Houston rap royalty shit....so it's totally Tribe...
It could be argued that a lot of the R&HH titles are more essential than some the “Essential” tracks for sure. I just think The Low End Theory is one of those albums that gets tossed around a lot as one of the best Hip-Hop albums of all time.

I would listen to Scarface rap the Houston phonebook but I don’t think most would necessarily share in my enthusiasm.

even if you dont really like the rest..

listen to XO tour life at the very least.. his biggest hit (excluding some occasional high placements when EA dropped) and its been so acclaimed that pitchfork literally named it the 10th best song of the last DECADE

I thought I was going to hate this but it was better than I thought. I just don't think I'd listen to it that much, feels like something you sit and really listen to and I'm not in that headspace at the moment so I wouldn't really appreciate it...might throw a track or two on a playlist for any long drives I usually pay more attention then..

It could be argued that a lot of the R&HH titles are more essential than some the “Essential” tracks for sure. I just think The Low End Theory is one of those albums that gets tossed around a lot as one of the best Hip-Hop albums of all time.

I would listen to Scarface rap the Houston phonebook but I don’t think most would necessarily share in my enthusiasm.
for me Face is a top 5 G.O.A.T. tier M.C.

It's funny because Low End Theory is my favorite rap album ever and Mind Playin Tricks is my favorite rap song ever - song gives me goosebumps. I'd rather have GB because it isn't easy to find and the reviews are so crappy that people are legitimately asking if they got a boot. But I think Tribe is more likely.

Was thinking two days ago “Man, VMP should really do Labcabincalifornia!”

Now I’ll die in peace. Pharcyde and Tribe would be an amazing one two punch
What's wrong with the last pressing? It's been a while since I listened to my copy and I don't remember it being too hard to find.

If they do Tribe I hope they don’t screw it up too badly. I’ve hunted for a good early copy of that for a while, had a b&w label at one point but it had horrible noise so it got sold. The current reissue pops up less than it used to and it’s hovering around $40 when it does, so VMP pricing wouldn’t really be an issue with that one imo, so I’m cautiously optimistic. I think they always pay to get lacquer cuts for essentials at least, not the usual DMM cheap-out of the R&HH track.

me when uzi is announced

lil-uzi-vert-shoulder.gif

is the pressing of the low end theory as bad as midnight is

that's the only reason I'm unsure about it
The problem with Midnight Marauders in comparison to their other releases is that the most readily available version is all packed on a single LP and thusly fairly quiet. Their other readily available albums (essentially everything except The Love Movement) is properly spread across 2 LPs.

Back