Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Bobby Digital is one of my personal favorites. Was absolutely obsessed with RZA production when that dropped
I love his production, but his flow wears on me. I think his raps works better in small doses as a featured artist on a track than as the main artist.

Last edited:
surprisingly i think i might be joining in for three 6

like in theory i would be against it because 1. ugly cover. 2. CD length and 22 tracks. 3. the album seems like an album where you are just supposed to skip any songs you don't like and just listen to what are basically the singles 4. Insane Clown Possee are on it.

but honestly 10 songs through the album and it felt like time was flying by... which is more i could say about the ludacris album or even eyedea and abilities. maybe its because juicy J is a better producer than most bling era and crunk era rap production

Getting Clips and RZA, even though i got an OG pressing of Bob Digi. Looking forward to both having issues because they're pressed at GZ.

Yup...I'm all for RZAs production but I find the album as a whole to be mediocre.
31983ebfe4c802fbfd5bac700ddda2c2.gif

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I'm assuming the RHH release of Fear of A Black Planet almost certainly means there's an Essentials release of Nation of Millions in the pipeline... as a curator, if you have access to the PE catalogue you'd never choose Black Planet over Nation of Millions unless you had other plans for the latter... there's never been a US 2xLP pressing of Nation of Millions so it would seem a prime candidate for the VMP treatment... fingers crossed

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I'm assuming the RHH release of Fear of A Black Planet almost certainly means there's an Essentials release of Nation of Millions in the pipeline... as a curator, if you have access to the PE catalogue you'd never choose Black Planet over Nation of Millions unless you had other plans for the latter... there's never been a US 2xLP pressing of Nation of Millions so it would seem a prime candidate for the VMP treatment... fingers crossed
This is what I thought straight away! There’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back would be a tremendous Essentials ROTM! Like a lot of people, I’ve got the single LP pressing and would love the album to be reissued as a 2xLP pressing! The album is so compressed being on a single disc! 💯🗑

If the VMP 2xLP pressing of Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) sounds much better than previous pressings, with all the previous pressings being in a single LP format, then I’d love It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back to receive the 2xLP VMP treatment!!! 🙏

Lately the "VMP treatment" is not the magically musical journey that it should be...
They’ve been riddled with issues and muddled for years now. Perhaps more frequent now than ever though, seems like every month there are major quality control issues. And for the prices they are charging, especially for a one month subscription, it’s bordering on ridiculous and apathetic.

How actually clogged up are the tracks? I got shipping notice on my Wu today and was actually going to change my primary over to RHH from Essentials in advance of October in case I ultimately end up deciding to stay on for this next 3 month stretch we are guessing. However, every track is still with the standby message besides Country and IIRC it wasn't that easy to jump tracks through the last quarter either.

In some way they may save me from spending money as if I can't get the track to switch to RHH it'll make that decision very easy as I'm not paying them in advance just to try and swap into RHH every single month lol.

I'm half excited and half nervous to get any pressing plant details for the Oct-Dec records.

They’ve been riddled with issues and muddled for years now. Perhaps more frequent now than ever though, seems like every month there are major quality control issues. And for the prices they are charging, especially for a one month subscription, it’s bordering on ridiculous and apathetic.
I had to terminate my lease unexpectedly and am in a weird transition state where I won't be able to move into my next place until November. With that being said, my turntable has been in storage since I only have my essentials in the bedroom I've been living in at my family's place and I'm deathly afraid to listen to my copies of ATLiens, Enter the Wu, and FOAB. After hearing what happened with ATLiens, I still need to make a trip to a friend's place that has a turntable so I can see if my copy has the surface noise issue that everyone else has... I just don't want to miss out on being able to get a replacement because I'm sure there are going to be issues 😪

I had to terminate my lease and am in a weird transition state where I won't be able to move into my next place until November. With that being said, my turntable has been in storage since I only have my essentials in the bedroom I've been living in at my family's place and I'm deathly afraid to listen to my copies of ATLiens, Enter the Wu, and FOAB. After hearing what happened with ATLiens, I still need to make a trip to a friend's place that has a turntable so I can see if my copy has the surface noise issue that everyone else has... I just don't want to miss out on being able to get a replacement because I'm sure there are going to be issues 😪
For what it's worth I have not seen a single person who doesn't have noise on ATliens. So just assume you have it.

I had to terminate my lease unexpectedly and am in a weird transition state where I won't be able to move into my next place until November. With that being said, my turntable has been in storage since I only have my essentials in the bedroom I've been living in at my family's place and I'm deathly afraid to listen to my copies of ATLiens, Enter the Wu, and FOAB. After hearing what happened with ATLiens, I still need to make a trip to a friend's place that has a turntable so I can see if my copy has the surface noise issue that everyone else has... I just don't want to miss out on being able to get a replacement because I'm sure there are going to be issues 😪
ATLiens you will most likely have surface noise. Enter the Wu I'd say is about 50/50. FOAB I've had some very slight surface noise at the start of side a, but nothing too detrimental or worth logging a CS ticket for me.

It's not like every Gz pressings even sounds bad,

It's that vmp are giving them a sharp mandate and asking them to make 40K at least copies which means they just have to spam the automatic pressers and who knows how many they do per plate

It's not like every Gz pressings even sounds bad,

It's that vmp are giving them a sharp mandate and asking them to make 40K at least copies which means they just have to spam the automatic pressers and who knows how many they do per plate
As I mentioned in the Essentials thread. It doesn't sound BAD, but I think I was expecting more out of it. Like if this was an essay, I'd give it a solid B+ and tell them to do better next time.

EDIT for clarity:
Wu sounds better than the OG, and they did the best they could with the source. Surface noise is a definite downer here.
PE sounds "okay". It's super quiet and when I crank it I notice some inconsistencies in the sound and it lacks the oomph I was hoping for out of it.

Last edited:
Back