Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

What the fuck Dobby, where were you on the whole "something wicked this way comes" with this price increase?? THANKS FOR THE WARNING GOBLIN
HAHAHA! Dobby was asleep! 🙈

I can’t keep up with the Reddit Mather! I’m just looking at that thread where Paulium is answering everyone’s questions and feelings!

It’s so overwhelming at the moment with the price increase and backlash, but I’m loving a lot of the feedback customers are giving to Paulium!

It’s not a bad Idea. I bet the heads on here could do a better job at curation anyhow.
I declare the first N&G Rap & Hip-Hop Album of the month to be none other than...

1596754217593.png
Anuthatantrum by Da Brat!

To commemorate yet another remarkable fuck-up by VMP that is resulting in their entire customer base to throw quite the tantrum! It also serves as a follow up to her Funkdafied album, which is often regarded as one.. of the best rap albums of the 90's? *checks notes* ...wait just a minute... anyone else got any suggestions? Something doesn't seem right with my notes here 🤔

In all seriousness tho
the group that posts in here would put together a much better R&HH sub and curation than VMP could ever hope to.
although if any of you want to sign up to pick a hip-hop album for the regular N&G AOTMs that would be very welcome obviously! Hip-hop seems to be the one big genre that hasn't been done yet

The only real stipulation for the N&G AOTMs that we have other than it needing to be available on vinyl is that the price stay under or around $30 at the most, which has worked out well so far.
Yeah, and if some did overreach there obviously would not be any mandate to purchase the the album. I duck in and out the N&G ROTM I don’t buy them all but it’s been a good introduction to band, artists, and albums I am not familiar with.

you know what made me feel less shitty after this whole price fiasco? I received my Invest In Vinyl sleeves today and replaced all my paper sleeves. It was almost therapeutic to do.
I have been slowly doing that as I listen to albums. Before they go back on the shelf they get a new Mo-fi inner and an invest in vinyl outter. I just purchased 150 about a month ago and are already on my last 50. It feels good though, part of the ritual of listening.

i just wished they pressed good records that were hard to obtain

the ghostface album is ok but not worth 33 bucks.. and i hate that i cant just use my credits on it

just give me so much fun or die lit or fever or die a legend or eterenal atake and let myself finally feel at peace

we gonna need our own hip hop album of the month like the N&G album of the month

let’s do this. I don’t really do theN$G one right now, but I like that it’s being done and ppl love it. For me, a rap thread would be great. Learned about a lot of artists on here and returned to many u forgot about. If ppl picked albums and pointed me in the right direction of a solid pressing, I would def be down.

Back