Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Spinning EL-P ISWYD right now... first impressions:

Package is nice, photo inners etc. Discs aren't flat but yeah what else is new. It's nice and quiet, the silences are silent... the mix though, is... muddy. It's not terrible, but it's kinda what I expected from a Fat Possum pressing. My digital copy is clearer and you can much more easily pick up all the layers that EL-P has within the songs, like these tracks are DENSE so I think it would have been nice to have a better quality master on this one. It sounds good, and it thumps, but it's definitely muddier than I had hoped it would be.

EDIT: EMG, first track side two sounds much better in terms of mid range and clarity. So... not sure why but hopefully it continues through the last 3 sides...
That’s disappointing. It’s cut at 45 rpm too so it’s a little surprising that it’s still muddy.

That’s disappointing. It’s cut at 45 rpm too so it’s a little surprising that it’s still muddy.
So far it's really just side one, side two songs are better so far. And keep in mind, I'm being hyper critical here, it sounds good. But particularly on Tasmania Pain Coaster there's a lot of details that are just buried, like the guitars towards the end of the song.

Not sure what the fuck he’s trying to accomplish. I get his whole “troublemaker” persona and everything and I don’t know if he was trying to be an edgy asshole or what but he lost and made himself look like a fool.

edit: not that I particularly care because I don’t really like his music in the first place. Just talking aloud.

So I guess slowthai apologized? I don’t know, Katherine said that she knew he was joking, and said not to worry about it, but the second-hand embarrassment is real.

I don’t think he’s some kind of abuser or whatever, but he needs to show that he’ll learn from this example he set.

C065111B-57F0-4A6B-9CAC-C85606344792.jpeg

So I guess slowthai apologized? I don’t know, Katherine said that she knew he was joking, and said not to worry about it, but the second-hand embarrassment is real.

I don’t think he’s some kind of abuser or whatever, but he needs to show that he’ll learn from this example he set.

View attachment 32692
Tbh I had a hunch it was a joke they were both knowing of

But no matter what I feel like slowthai will never live this down

Mostly because he posted cringe, lose subscribers. And he was a douche

Not an album i don't believe, BUT he did sneak his cousin out the Bahamas in the era, now he rawer than ever.
Stepped off the Carnival Cruise Line, Port of Miami, peeps got extorted for juice, Mach just imported a family.

Quoting Visionware - can't go wrong with that. But like, isn't one of the albums you sent me from like 2003-2004? So it's not unpossible that he has one from 2002.

Quoting Visionware - can't go wrong with that. But like, isn't one of the albums you sent me from like 2003-2004? So it's not unpossible that he has one from 2002.

YEEE!

No, I think the earliest are from 2013. FYI and the small EPs.

I mean the man is in his late 30s. He coulda been under a different name

@Clint Howard I lied. There has to be some other shit. Just found this from Rozewood's 2010 EP:

Last edited:
Back