Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I saw them in a tiny bar in Orlando in 2011 and it was such an amazing live show! They got jams on the next album too (Roun' The Globe on Wooden Leather) and there was a radio hit on Humdinger iirc

Edit: Yes 'Good Day' off Humdinger made waves too!!

I was about to say that it's going to be this for sure but then looked it up and it was reissued in 2017... so, somehow I don't think it will be this but who knows?

I liked 'em and I'm shocked they sold that much. I don't remember them being all that popular. Also, FWIW that version of Awwnah I posted is garbage compared to the original.

Ok, the original is infinitely better than that.. I was wondering why the rap/rock shit but forgot how big Linkin Park and the like were back then too.

Im not sure it will be Blackalicious though, Gab had a gofundme for kidney surgery he had last week and was talking about getting money to feed himself while he was laid up, so Im not sure hes had any significant payday anytime soon
I just saw this news actually, I will say though MOST of the money from a collaboration like this would probably go to the label so I'm not sure it would be a big windfall for him even if they were doing it. It's MCA so I'm willing to bet they take about 99.9999% of the profits.

That would suck more than the De La business, in the circumstances :/

I just saw this news actually, I will say though MOST of the money from a collaboration like this would probably go to the label so I'm not sure it would be a big windfall for him even if they were doing it. It's MCA so I'm willing to bet they take about 99.9999% of the profits.

I own "Blazing Arrow" but I'd grab another variant in a milli-second. Gift of Gab is going through some medical problems so it would be nice if they did a ROTM for him and he got some cash to help with expenses.

Edit: Saw responses above. Hopefully he would get a few pennies at least, and some rejuvenated awareness which might help w/ merch, future tours, etc.

That would suck more than the De La business, in the circumstances :/
Agreed. I don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but it could be The Beatnuts "The Originators". Indie label release so I'm not sure about sample clearance but Large Professor from Main Source guests on it and VMP are pretty fond of Main Source...

Back