Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

"Elevators (Me & You) [ONP 86 Mix]" contains a sample of "Come in Out of the Rain" performed by Parliament; the original contains SFX from the video game Super Mario Bros.

Yeah, that’s why I was thinking ATLiens, but folks bring up a clue (that I didn’t see) for 1994. The Mario princess is Peach, so maybe that’s the link to the 1994 OutKast album?

Yeah, that’s why I was thinking ATLiens, but folks bring up a clue (that I didn’t see) for 1994. The Mario princess is Peach, so maybe that’s the link to the 1994 OutKast album?
Storf said the album celebrates its 25th anniversary this year (couple hours before the forum died I believe so you may have missed it).

Think there's any chance this will be from the original master tapes? I've heard several times that the OG Aquemini is AAA, all I know for sure is that it sounds amazing. Not sure if that means any of the other albums were recorded or pressed that way though. If they put out a reference standard of ATLiens as an exclusive I will be so happy (if I get it).

It’s gotta be purple right? Orange got released by NC a few years back. It’ll be nice to get a new copy. My copy from 2014 sounds like straight garbage. Not sure what happened there but it’s super noisy.
It'll be brown.. Not because it should be, just because VMP has an obsession with brown... Experience Unlimited, Mavis Staples, TV on the Radio, Goodie Mob, and Snoop Dog all some shade of brown... So, I'd guess....Brown.

Back