Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah, I definitely do enjoy some rock from the 90’s! I really enjoyed the Slowdive “Pygmalion” exclusive, Bratmobile “Pottymouth” exclusive too and I really like PJ Harvey and enjoy some rock albums such as Spiritualized’s Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space, Radiohead’s OK Computer and My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.

So I think there’s a strong chance I will enjoy the 90’s Rock Essential ROTM 😊🤞
Oh man I would love for it to be that Spiritualized. Or Pulp, Different Class. Both need a good reissue. Heard the EU Pulp one isn't bad but haven't bothered to import and VMP could do the original cover design.

I was about to jump in and say that 'To Bring You My Love' is the one 90s PJ Harvey record that is easy and cheap to get but as already noted it seems to have gone out of print. I'm sure I passed over copies at about £12.99 multiple times over the last couple of years!

It's a three hour long album so even if it's re-pressed on 12" rather than 10" you're still looking at it taking up 4 LPs.
I know but it’s on 6 10” now haha! It’s a pipe dream really and I should just get the version out there haha!

Yeah, I definitely do enjoy some rock from the 90’s! I really enjoyed the Slowdive “Pygmalion” exclusive, Bratmobile “Pottymouth” exclusive too and I really like PJ Harvey and enjoy some rock albums such as Spiritualized’s Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space, Radiohead’s OK Computer and My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.

So I think there’s a strong chance I will enjoy the 90’s Rock Essential ROTM 😊🤞

Loveless would get me back. That said Kevin Shields has standards. Also at the speed he works they’d have had to get sign off about 10 years ago and they didn’t exist then.

October ROTM is 90s rock, and November is "the most metal ROTM since Black Sabbath"? That gives VMP not one, but TWO opportunities to do Alice In Chains's self-titled album (AKA 3-Legged Dog album). Hasn't ever been reissued, goes for $100+ on Discogs. C'mon VMP, I know you've faltered, but take this opportunity to do a ROTM with the best grunge band ;)

I still don't own it so fine. Better than Hole.

Nirvana was my first favorite band but I don’t think Nevermind is miles ahead of Live Through This. I’d welcome either as ROTM.

For the record, the “most-metal-since-Sabbath” VMP belt currently belongs to Queen.

Also Cake "Fashion Nugget" would almost be a Demon Days or Fiona big get.

Certainly bigger than Gorillaz in my book. Comfort Eagle too. Or Prolonging the Magic.

Last edited:
Back