Vinyl Me Please Essentials

What album currently holds the title of most metal since Black Sabbath?
The only metal album VMP has done was Black Sabbath. They haven't had another metal AOTM. It will be interesting to see what they choose for metal this time. People were mixed on their feelings towards the Black Sabbath album. Not because it is a bad album, just that VMP hyped that they were going to have a metal album and then it was... Black Sabbath. Which, yes, is where metal began, but it felt like a let down. We were expecting something more metal and less classic rock, if that even makes sense.

The only metal album VMP has done was Black Sabbath. They haven't had another metal AOTM. It will be interesting to see what they choose for metal this time. People were mixed on their feelings towards the Black Sabbath album. Not because it is a bad album, just that VMP hyped that they were going to have a metal album and then it was... Black Sabbath. Which, yes, is where metal began, but it felt like a let down. We were expecting something more metal and less classic rock, if that even makes sense.
Also I’m assuming because the album has been pressed about 500 million times on vinyl and was not in need of a repress at all

Right on. I’m more interested in the tomfoolery angle - does anyone want to claim Loretta Lynn is more metal than Panda Bear, for example, or Nina Simone is more crushing than Feist, etc.

Right on. I’m more interested in the tomfoolery angle - does anyone want to claim Loretta Lynn is more metal than Panda Bear, for example, or Nina Simone is more crushing than Feist, etc.

Didn't Soulfy cover that Umabutteroomba track from Jorge Ben? Probably makes that album the most metal by proxy. Mmm... Metal by proxy 😋

For the Essentials this year, August was a pop rock album, September was a folk rock album, October will be an alternative rock album and November will be a hard rock album......🙄

I liked Mitski’s Be The Cowboy ROTM but do not like Sleater Kinney’s The Center Won’t Hold ROTM. I dislike the Jim Sullivan U.F.O. ROTM. I really hope I like this October’s Essential ROTM pick.....because I will probably dislike November’s Essential ROTM as I am not into Metal/Hard Rock.

Anyways, we have the VMP Motown Anthology Set being released soon, so that is something super exciting for me 💃🕺💎🔥🌈🎉

For the Essentials this year, August was a pop rock album, September was a folk rock album, October will be an alternative rock album and November will be a hard rock album......🙄

I liked Mitski’s Be The Cowboy ROTM but do not like Sleater Kinney’s The Center Won’t Hold ROTM. I dislike the Jim Sullivan U.F.O. ROTM. I really hope I like this October’s Essential ROTM pick.....because I will probably dislike November’s Essential ROTM as I am not into Metal/Hard Rock.

Anyways, we have the VMP Motown Anthology Set being released soon, so that is something super exciting for me 💃🕺💎🔥🌈🎉
Did they say alt rock? I thought it was just 90s rock. You've gotta like some rock from the 90s, right?

Did they say alt rock? I thought it was just 90s rock. You've gotta like some rock from the 90s, right?
Yeah, I definitely do enjoy some rock from the 90’s! I really enjoyed the Slowdive “Pygmalion” exclusive, Bratmobile “Pottymouth” exclusive too and I really like PJ Harvey and enjoy some rock albums such as Spiritualized’s Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space, Radiohead’s OK Computer and My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.

So I think there’s a strong chance I will enjoy the 90’s Rock Essential ROTM 😊🤞

Back