Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Box arrived today and while I originally planned on starting off with ODB, I somehow was drawn to Willie instead. I wasn't too familiar with the album beforehand but I can't imagine it's ever sounded better than this. Really great pressing and the music is beautiful. Definitely recommend.

His best album. Looking forward to cranking mine tomorrow or next.

Looks like whoever wrote this just took the previous quarter’s announcement and poorly copy-pasted new info in. Nilsson’s album “Nightbirds” is in Essentials. Black Moses is the March Essentials ROTM.

Then there’s just poor copy-editing like T. Rex’s “self-titled folk-rock self-titled album.”

Sorry as a writer/copy editor myself, seeing these obvious and numerous mistakes is triggering.

Looks like whoever wrote this just took the previous quarter’s announcement and poorly copy-pasted new info in. Nilsson’s album “Nightbirds” is in Essentials. Black Moses is the March Essentials ROTM.

Then there’s just poor copy-editing like T. Rex’s “self-titled folk-rock self-titled album.”

Sorry as a writer/copy editor myself, seeing these obvious and numerous mistakes is triggering.
If they could just hire an editor, I bet he would fix all these issues.

That currently has a really great audiophile pressing from last year in shops and an upcoming super audiophile fancy pants 2x45 upcoming. They could have been way more imaginative.
I feel like Hejira would have been a great (safe) pick seeing as the next Joni box set/reissues haven't been announced and as far as I know isn't on deck for another audiophile release.

I feel like Hejira would have been a great (safe) pick seeing as the next Joni box set/reissues haven't been announced and as far as I know isn't on deck for another audiophile release.

Yeah. I’d have loved late 90s and early 00s stuff. Never on vinyl and she had such great return to form that decade.

Pussy Cats - the great buddy comedy we never knew we were missing...

Andrew Winistorfer, Director of Music and Editorial said, "This 50th-anniversary edition of Harry Nilsson’s album with John Lennon restores dignity to this set of songs. Pussy Cats’s origin story is one of music’s more epic creation stories: Harry Nilsson blew out his vocal cords and left literal blood on the mic, which turned this album into some crime scene or Greek tragedy. But it’s not that at all! It’s the sound of friends spending two fun, loose weeks together making songs — audible kinship."

Back