Vinyl Me Please Essentials

It’s difficult to see what they’re doing with that essentials lead track anymore too. It doesn’t make much sense picks wise at all of late.
Acid was great, but more a classics pick. Bone Thugs was also fantastic, but essential? Marginally. Sly was definitely essential, I'll give them that. It has been my least favorite track as of late.

Acid was great, but more a classics pick. Bone Thugs was also fantastic, but essential? Marginally. Sly was definitely essential, I'll give them that. It has been my least favorite track as of late.

Beyond even zeroing in on individual picks and their merits 2023 and the first 3 months of 2024 just doesn’t feel all that impressive or desirable as an overall body of work.

Beyond even zeroing in on individual picks and their merits 2023 and the first 3 months of 2024 just doesn’t feel all that impressive or desirable as an overall body of work.
Probably time to retire the essentials track to be honest. I imagine it's almost impossible these days to score an exclusive that's truly "essential". Think Willie is the closest out of the next quarter but hard to be excited about any of them to be honest. I'll likely grab Labelle too but again, it feels like a nice classics pick.

Probably time to retire the essentials track to be honest. I imagine it's almost impossible these days to score an exclusive that's truly "essential". Think Willie is the closest out of the next quarter but hard to be excited about any of them to be honest. I'll likely grab Labelle too but again, it feels like a nice classics pick.

Or to be more clever. I don’t think you can retire your headline track. There is loads out there that is way more exciting than they pick. They need new voices in there with different taste or that maybe say “perhaps not” or “we’ve done a lot of this genre from this year” or “that’s a lot from the same decade in a row” or “countries outside the us exist”.

Most 78s you need a completely different kind of stylus for.
Correct. And I do have a dedicated cart with a the needle needed for the 78s but I don’t have a dedicated setup for it otherwise. The 78 rpm setting works great for the AT LP120 I have, just have to EQ a bit on the amp if things don’t sound right for the super old singles.

Back