Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Is anyone else's local stores getting the latest VMP releases now? It looks like Grimey's in Nashville got all of them in stock last Friday.
I know quite a few shops that get VMP records. Some in the Denver area have been given ROTMs to sell by VMP as a bit of a thank you to local shops. Other shops like Josey Records had an entire VMP section in their shop when I went a few years ago. Some shops seem to have subs and charge ROTM prices while paying swap prices.

I know quite a few shops that get VMP records. Some in the Denver area have been given ROTMs to sell by VMP as a bit of a thank you to local shops. Other shops like Josey Records had an entire VMP section in their shop when I went a few years ago. Some shops seem to have subs and charge ROTM prices while paying swap prices.
I mean a swap cost the same as a rotm??

By a quarter a record. (US anyhow)
curious how much Grimey's is selling them for. i bought Bill Withers from a shop in Denver when i wasn't a member and it was sold out at VMP. Think this was before the swap price increased but I paid around $40+ media mail shipping for it. i seem to remember them making something like $8-10 profit on it at the time.

curious how much Grimey's is selling them for. i bought Bill Withers from a shop in Denver when i wasn't a member and it was sold out at VMP. Think this was before the swap price increased but I paid around $40+ media mail shipping for it. i seem to remember them making something like $8-10 profit on it at the time.

I’d say that’s probably a pretty good margin for them. I know margins are bigger on vinyl than other media but 25% of the sticker to them has to be good. Can see why shops would do it.

I’d say that’s probably a pretty good margin for them. I know margins are bigger on vinyl than other media but 25% of the sticker to them has to be good. Can see why shops would do it.
yea the swap prices have gone up now but so have non-member prices i think. if you're looking to get a single ROTM as a non-member, the pricing is wild now + $10 shipping in the US. obviously they incentivize it so you become a member but many people don't want to subscribe for longer terms.

yea the swap prices have gone up now but so have non-member prices i think. if you're looking to get a single ROTM as a non-member, the pricing is wild now + $10 shipping in the US. obviously they incentivize it so you become a member but many people don't want to subscribe for longer terms.

Yeah I think they’d find more people subscribing for longer if they had more voices involved in picking the AoTMs. There was a time when even I could pick one a month, it’s taken me 15 months to find three to resub for. They make some odd choices even within the artists they pick.

PS. Just looked add on for us is $36 which I’m guessing is the same you for you? I don’t know why that would be more?

PPS. Which is much cheaper than main track which last time was $163.59 for three months with the referral code discount. That’s almost $55 a record discounted. Without the referral discount it would be $195ish or approx $65 a record.

Last edited:
Yeah I think they’d find more people subscribing for longer if they had more voices involved in picking the AoTMs. There was a time when even I could pick one a month, it’s taken me 15 months to find three to resub for. They make some odd choices even within the artists they pick.

PS. Just looked add on for us is $36 which I’m guessing is the same you for you? I don’t know why that would be more?

PPS. Which is much cheaper than main track which last time was $163.59 for three months with the referral code discount. That’s almost $55 a record discounted.
1707788522977.png
Plus $36 for an add on track I think.

i was more open to take chances on stuff when the add on tracks were $23 or whatever. But I rarely do now unless it’s an album I really like. So im not unlike you except I like jazz so have a few more options haha. Some of the true store exclusives lately have been more my speed. The sly, Ninas, Elton, etc. so I’ve been fine with swapping for credit to pick up some of those when there isn’t a ROTM I want.

Back