Vinyl Me Please Essentials

To be fair in the “oh fuck my country is on fire distract me” stakes the yanks probably have you beat. Not saying that the second unelected conservative pm of this parliament setting the country on fire isn’t grim, but it also isn’t the states the last 7 or 8 years!
I dunno. I think on the balance of things I’d prefer the various branches of government to be filled with wild and cartoonish conspiracy theorists, satire style populists and hillbillies as opposed to a bunch of admittedly corrupt but ultimately very boring tories. At least in America you get the ‘hang on. They said what now?’ element of trainwreck politics where we just get the inevitably droll tedium of being fucked over by opportunistic millionaires mascarading as peoples champions.

I suppose maybe one is fox shit and one dog shit. Just one of those happens to be smellier if slightly more exotic

The road to here is full of burning dumpsters, but fascism is mainstream now. That's definitely worse.

That’s what you get when you effectively refuse to represent or give even the slightest shit about the vast majority of people towards the bottom of the food chain for over 40 years. Applies both sides of the Atlantic but clearly much worse in America.

Anyone have an OG of Sextant that has compared it to the VMP Essentials? With the sale, I am tempted, even though I have an original.

For me it was a marked improvement over my OG, but on the other hand my original pressing has a moderate amount of wear and tear from over the years.

I also don't have a fancy enough stereo setup to confidently say the VMP pressing blows it out of the water, but to my untrained ears at least, I thought the reissue sounded sharper with more depth to the instrumentation. I'm quite happy with it.

View attachment 191689

Pussy cats confirmed for April (and then Nilson again in classics later), may is apparently also going to have a classics release later in the year,

2000 hip hop is the w and 1957 rock is little Richard
So Here’s Little Richard. That’s pretty cool and a record I want.

View attachment 191689

Pussy cats confirmed for April (and then Nilson again in classics later), may is apparently also going to have a classics release later in the year,

2000 hip hop is the w and 1957 rock is little Richard
I'm putting it out there into the void again: My Name is My Name would be a super huge get for VMP for RHH.

Old by Danny Brown would be another solid pick from that year, but one I already own.

Also please Black Star for 98.

Also, I imagine this is what @Joe Mac thinks Sigur Ros sounds like.

I mean I own two of their albums and saw them live in a proper music venue designed for a classical orchestra.

There’s a reason they’re now most know for soundtracking pretty much every blue planet style sea nature programme.

I mean I own two of their albums and saw them live in a proper music venue designed for a classical orchestra.

There’s a reason they’re now most know for soundtracking pretty much every blue planet style sea nature programme.
I was making a crack about what sound like actual whale noises on Herbie.

Back