Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah I think they’d find more people subscribing for longer if they had more voices involved in picking the AoTMs. There was a time when even I could pick one a month, it’s taken me 15 months to find three to resub for. They make some odd choices even within the artists they pick.

PS. Just looked add on for us is $36 which I’m guessing is the same you for you? I don’t know why that would be more?

PPS. Which is much cheaper than main track which last time was $163.59 for three months with the referral code discount. That’s almost $55 a record discounted. Without the referral discount it would be $195ish or approx $65 a record.

Totally agree
I subbed up for 12 months - For 8 freebies last December. I did ok at the time but bugger all in the store now. Literally 50% of the stock I’ve not a clue what it is. I swapped for Comedy box set and sold on eBay not for huge mark up but to offset cost and make me feel happy choice wasn’t a disaster. Now I’ve swapped February for credit and likely the same next month Unless I find something in swaps new. I could continue finding something saleable but would rather just get a record I want. Hoping next quarter will be of more appeal.

Totally agree
I subbed up for 12 months - For 8 freebies last December. I did ok at the time but bugger all in the store now. Literally 50% of the stock I’ve not a clue what it is. I swapped for Comedy box set and sold on eBay not for huge mark up but to offset cost and make me feel happy choice wasn’t a disaster. Now I’ve swapped February for credit and likely the same next month Unless I find something in swaps new. I could continue finding something saleable but would rather just get a record I want. Hoping next quarter will be of more appeal.

I’m out next quarter. Had Springsteen free and Dylan, Sly and Nina this quarter.

Next quarter I’d get Little Richard, which I’d like, Nilsson’s album that was clearly more fun to make wasted with Lennon than it is to listen to and then a load of old stuff I’ve not heard of and don’t trust them to investigate.

I’ll just sit on the $99 referral credit I have until they get a good run or it expires.

I’m out next quarter. Had Springsteen free and Dylan, Sly and Nina this quarter.

Next quarter I’d get Little Richard, which I’d like, Nilsson’s album that was clearly more fun to make wasted with Lennon than it is to listen to and then a load of old stuff I’ve not heard of and don’t trust them to investigate.

I’ll just sit on the $99 referral credit I have until they get a good run or it expires.
You could use that $99 credit in the store too Joe. With the LOVE40 it would give you the equivalent of $165 of spending.

You could use that $99 credit in the store too Joe. With the LOVE40 it would give you the equivalent of $165 of spending.

Cheers I wasn’t sure how that worked.

I’ll have a look, but last time I already owned some version of whatever looked interesting. I really think that me and them have diverged hugely the last 4 or 5 years. The pickings are slim if you’re not into jazz.

I’m sure it won’t come to that though, they usually pull out 2 or 3 a year I’d get, might just have to play the waiting game until they add up to enough to resub for.

Pussy Cats is such a headscratcher. Of all the Nilsson albums to put in Essentials...

But I'm in for Eternity and Black Moses. Both are albums I've been meaning to pick up.

I'm all the way in for Eternity and on the fence about Black Moses. I have a great copy that I rarely spin already, so I don’t know that I need to upgrade...

I'm all the way in for Eternity and on the fence about Black Moses. I have a great copy that I rarely spin already, so I don’t know that I need to upgrade...
Honestly I'll just be happy for a fixed tracklist.. where the b side is actually the b side of the record instead of the automatic changer mode

Pussy cats is very much a storf choice.. I like the album mostly because I'm a minor Beatles nerd but I understand the unsureness

Rumor is in July is going to be Joni Mitchell but not one of the 3 unanimously agreed classics (blue, Court & spark, hejira)
Hissing Of Summer Lawns is an absolute classic too.

Pussy cats is very much a storf choice.. I like the album mostly because I'm a minor Beatles nerd but I understand the unsureness

Rumor is in July is going to be Joni Mitchell but not one of the 3 unanimously agreed classics (blue, Court & spark, hejira)

Hissing Of Summer Lawns is an absolute classic too.

As is for the roses.

Did they rule out Mingus? It’s an interesting album.

Dunno I don’t go near that discord place. Night Ride Home would be an interesting choice and I really loved the Both Sides Now album from around the turn of the millennium for another.

Hopefully not 80s Joni though, I have it all because I love Joni but it isn’t her finest hour.

Dunno I don’t go near that discord place. Night Ride Home would be an interesting choice and I really loved the Both Sides Now album from around the turn of the millennium for another.

Hopefully not 80s Joni though, I have it all because I love Joni but it isn’t her finest hour.
Man, I wish there was only an hour of '80s Joni. But in all seriousness, Turbulent Indigo would be an outstanding choice for Essentials. And, based on Discogs, never before on vinyl.

Man, I wish there was only an hour of '80s Joni. But in all seriousness, Turbulent Indigo would be an outstanding choice for Essentials. And, based on Discogs, never before on vinyl.

No Night Ride Home was the last of hers to have an initial vinyl run. It’s pretty rare too though. Everything between it and shine, which wasn’t initially but craft reissued, was only ever on cd.

Am I the only person who thinks we're getting ripped off with the new posters

We used to get 12X12 artwork every month and now we get much smaller posters and to get anything being like 10x4 you got to pay like 40 bucks for a special one

Also they are still doing very basic ones like the pussy cats once being the one on the back of the zine

Am I the only person who thinks we're getting ripped off with the new posters

We used to get 12X12 artwork every month and now we get much smaller posters and to get anything being like 10x4 you got to pay like 40 bucks for a special one

Also they are still doing very basic ones like the pussy cats once being the one on the back of the zine
If they wanted to get rid of the posters (and the books) and charge me ten dollars less a release, I’d be down.

Back