Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That'd be strange if it was, cause I SERIOUSLY doubt that Curren$y could pull off outkast numbers as storf suggested
Well Storf confirmed on Reddit that it’s not the Shaggs or the other one everyone thinks it is, so maybe the RHH one was the correct guess. The plot thickens .

Well Storf confirmed on Reddit that it’s not the Shaggs or the other one everyone thinks it is, so maybe the RHH one was the correct guess. The plot thickens .
Just came here to post this—
GtT7hoN.jpg

I’m glad, as I don’t want either although it would be nice not to spend an extra $23

Here's a pretty solid guess. Found this by combing through Discogs.

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Evidence:
*Psychedelic rock, but not explicitly. Has influences of folk and country as well
*Label has only one release (in Discogs)
*Previously reissued by Light In The Attic, but never on colored vinyl
*Judging by the Have/Want ratio, very much obscure/cratediggerish
*The last cratedigger Essentials was also "found on Discogs" ;)

Hell of a story behind Jim Sullivan, it seems. His wife worked at Capitol Records, and he played prestigious local venues. Recorded two albums, and then disappeared with zero trace in 1975.

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Evidence:
*Psychedelic rock, but not explicitly. Has influences of folk and country as well
*Label has only one release

Hell of a story behind Jim Sullivan, it seems. His wife worked at Capitol Records, and he played prestigious local venues. Recorded two albums, and then disappeared with zero trace in 1975.

This is a good guess and a pretty good album from what I remember

I think it's starting to look more likely that we're getting Pilot Talk.

Pilot Talk is one of the few albums on that RHH list I’d be excited for.

That plus Top Drawer plus A Blue Note Classics means I’m in for all three this month.

Edit: oh Storf just shattered my Solid Oak dreams. It’s ok. I’ll get it on vinyl. Some day. 😕

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Evidence:

In Storf’s first clue, he said the record label only had one release... according to Discogs.

This album’s record label number is something like “MR-0003” which could imply the label put out two other releases before it. It’s just they’re not listed on discogs.

In Storf’s first clue, he said the record label only had one release... according to Discogs.

This album’s record label number is something like “MR-0003” which could imply the label put out two other releases before it. It’s just they’re not listed on discogs.

But storf probably got the info from discogs.

According to Wikipedia, Jim Sullivan's friend set up the label for the purpose of releasing U.F.O. And I agree that Storf likely is going based off Discogs.

That's what I'm pointing out. Storf said "at least according to discogs" but the album's label number could infer that there may be other records on the label that have not been documented by discogs.

It's little more than speculation as to why Storf hedged his bet when giving that initial clue. But since we don't really have anything else to go on, UFO is a solid guess.

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Evidence:

I picked-up the LITA CD of this years ago and it's really great. I'd love a vinyl copy.

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Evidence:
*Label has only one release (in Discogs)

I'm listening to it now. Not bad at all, and I read his Wikapedia page. You're right his story is pretty crazy. For me the best part of guessing the next record is discovering stuff like this that I've never heard of before. Except the Shaggs. I wish I could undiscover that album.

Back