Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Can report that the SRV is pretty well done. Don't have the AP 45 but for a recording that was never all that great in the first place this is nicely done, good extension on the guitar and vocals, good staging, has that "analogue sound" even though honestly it could be digital, I don't know, but it's a good listen. The jacket as usual is also quality, single pocket thick stock glossy. Pretty good, pretty pretty pretty good.

Always appreciate the credit where credits due that pops up amidst all of us constantly shitting on VMP. Both well-earned at times!

Always appreciate the credit where credits due that pops up amidst all of us constantly shitting on VMP. Both well-earned at times!
Haha yeah I'll give them my fair share of well deserved criticisms but I will say that I haven't had QUITE as many issues with their GZ stuff of late. I mean it ain't perfect in most cases but there haven't been the catastrophic issues that seemed to plague their GZ stuff for the past few years. It's actually flat too which is shocking.

Q3 RotM Clues:

July: Funk, Year of artist’s debut: 1967
August: Hip-Hop, Year of artist’s debut: 1993
September: Indie-Electro-Pop, Year of artist’s debut: 2008

Best Guesses:
July: Sly & The Family Stone - There's a Riot Going On
August: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal
September: Santigold - Santigold

Pass, pass, pass
Pass, pass

tumblr_ozkd8hMYlj1v6w3juo5_500.gif

There's a Riot I feel like was just re-issued, but it was simply "okay".
E 1999 Eternal I think sounds like a very likely pick. Last string of releases look to be boots, and I would say it's essential.

Santigold I'd have to re-listen to. I remember liking a few sons and seeing her show at a festival around then but I don't know if for me it was a flash in the pan type deal.

There's a Riot I feel like was just re-issued, but it was simply "okay".
E 1999 Eternal I think sounds like a very likely pick. Last string of releases look to be boots, and I would say it's essential.

Santigold I'd have to re-listen to. I remember liking a few sons and seeing her show at a festival around then but I don't know if for me it was a flash in the pan type deal.

I have the Sundazed reissue of Riot with lacquer cuts by Kevin Gray and the RSD exclusive of Bone. May pass on the first but Bone didn't had the original art, it was a kind of white label sleeve. Same as you about Santigold, I remember liking a couple songs but I am not sure I'd enjoy today. I would consider this album as an Essential.

i may sound like a shill but I'm actually fairly excited for the next 3 months, santigold is a pretty good record and its very expensive to get on vinyl (hundreds on discogs), and I need a new copy of there's a riot going on because my copy is worn and noisy on both sides due to years of scratches. interesting bone thugs is the one i have the least hype for despite it being a big deal get (or at least it is in storfs mind)

Hmm completely missed that!
It was a whole thing. They fucked up the processing/logistics of the orders and sent certain customer multiples (like 5, 10, 15 copies) meaning they had trouble fulfilling the order. They ended up offering anyone who had multiples in errors a test pressing of their choosing (depending on availability) the whole thing was a real shit show.

I don't think so but according to this article we should have Lauryn Hill as ROTM or store exclusive sometimes next year.
If anything that article just confirms it IMO... we already know it's coming to essentials, it is essential (far more so than BTH), she debuted in 1993 and August is the 25th anniversary of the release year/month... surely the clear favourite?

Back