Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I mean my renewal is automatic, so again… confused. Like does it ping me in the middle of the night to pick my record?
My guess is you will get an email with a personalized link to choose your records. It will probably come around the time of your renewal confirmation email which will be in the middle of the night. You can click the link whenever you want and make your choices.

My guess is you can click the link whenever you want but will need to make all your choices at that time.

Again, total guess work on my end, but this is how I would do it if I was setting up their Shopify page. But they lost the manual so who really knows.

Tl;dr - you don't need to choose them at 1am (unless you want to) but you need to choose them all at the same time.

So from what I've gathered, if you canceled and resubscribed when the bonus record deal was announced, you got a code. I waited a month to cancel and was sent through the portal (I don't know what else to call it) to select my bonus records.

I think if you get to the end of your subscription and then extend it, you'll get a code for your bonus records.

so my 8 bonus records showed up with my record of the month selection today.

shipped in a large, square VMP box. large gash on one side. tape buckling. opened it up and find all the records taped together inside some green bubble wrap.

not even so much as a corner ding. this fucking company...

so my 8 bonus records showed up with my record of the month selection today.

shipped in a large, square VMP box. large gash on one side. tape buckling. opened it up and find all the records taped together inside some green bubble wrap.

not even so much as a corner ding. this fucking company...
Yeah, I pray I am that lucky.

I feel like Guttenberg should trademark “chasing disappointment” before VMP opens the new plant.
I think the VMP plant will make some quality stuff based on who they have brought in to help run it. I’m sure it won’t go off without a hitch though.

Sometimes I can’t tell if people are actively rooting for them to fail…but more pressing plants is a good thing

I think the VMP plant will make some quality stuff based on who they have brought in to help run it. I’m sure it won’t go off without a hitch though.

Sometimes I can’t tell if people are actively rooting for them to fail…but more pressing plants is a good thing
I think Plants are definitely a good thing. I think they hired the right talent. I just can't get over their ability to fuck shit up. It's what they are really best at.

What’s the last big actual fuck up related to the records? The run of noisy ROTM last year? (or was that the year before)

FWIW I am on my fourth copy of Inspectah Deck and all have a LP 2 warped.
Another issue with Wu-Tang even though it's older, lot of surface noise. Had hopes I could grab a clean copy.
I am giving up if this next shipment has the same issues.

FWIW I am on my fourth copy of Inspectah Deck and all have a LP 2 warped.
Another issue with Wu-Tang even though it's older, lot of surface noise. Had hopes I could grab a clean copy.
I am giving up if this next shipment has the same issues.
Yea—Wutang is the last widespread issue I remember and that was a year and a half ago. Is Deck a widespread issue too? Hadn’t heard many complaints about it but haven’t gotten any of the RHH stuff lately. Hope you get a flat copy! I know how frustrating that can be.

Yea—Wutang is the last widespread issue I remember and that was a year and a half ago. Is Deck a widespread issue too? Hadn’t heard many complaints about it but haven’t gotten any of the RHH stuff lately. Hope you get a flat copy! I know how frustrating that can be.

Maybe I am unlucky with VMP or damn lucky with other record sellers. Fact is that considering issues I had in the past I check VMP records more than others. Another fact is the percentage of damaged records I receive from VMP is much higher than any other other seller.

I don't have too much hopes on VMP doing things right once their own plant starts working but I welcome every good surprise.

Maybe I am unlucky with VMP or damn lucky with other record sellers. Fact is that considering issues I had in the past I check VMP records more than others. Another fact is the percentage of damaged records I receive from VMP is much higher than any other other seller.

I don't have too much hopes on VMP doing things right once their own plant starts working but I welcome every good surprise.
their mailers definitely suck...but i really haven't had anything beyond a very mild warp from them. so maybe i've just been lucky! i hear you on always checking the records from them as soon as they arrive--I do that too with them. I get more corner dings than anything but they will always send me a replacement sleeve if not a replacement record. i've had some bad luck even with pressings plants that used to be excellent (like Pallas) and the BN Classics have had a buncha issues from Optimal.

i know for classics they are going to change the format of the booklets to be larger like the others to help prevent warps.

they are at least going through the motions to get all the right people involved in the new plant. They stole Gary Salstrom from QRP to head it all up so that's promising. I don't doubt there will be some hiccups but i hope the plant works out well because we need another good pressing plant out there and it would be great to get some of the VMP titles back at a better plant than GZ...

Back