Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah, this may entice me but I am gonna wait for some reviews. I just don’t know how much fidelity there is to be squeezed out of these recordings. If their are rave reviews then I will jump on it but I am in wait and see mode for the time being.
Yeah, I think this is where I'm at, too. I have an original with the SAE Mastering stamp and it actually sounds great despite the long runtime. I agree that I don't think there's anything anyone can do to make this an audiophile-type recording. The new one will probably have some extra loudness and punch.

Thin Lizzy not AAA, but mastered by Kevin Gray, so it will still sound awesome at least
yesssss. i'll resub for Thin Lizzy. for anybody who hasn't heard Jailbreak, it's one hell of a great classic rock album.

wonder if they are doing the die cut cover?

can someone remind me--does Alchemy do AAA cuts? Looks like Bright Eyes is: "lacquers cut by Cicely Balston at Alchemy Mastering at AIR"

Same here. I'm looking forward to that one.
and it's apparently a boom boom cut?
faint-omg.gif

NEVER CHANGE, STORFER

Winistorfer said of the record, “Interpol came out of the fertile grounds of New York rock in the early 2000s, but where their contemporaries had a shaggy, street-gang vibe or a kitchen sink approach to songwriting, Interpol seemed like the coolest band who played the coolest parties. They dressed better, and their songs sounded like wearing sunglasses on a nighttime car-ride in an endless metropolis, a place where they had 200 couches where you could sleep tight. Their debut, turning 20 this year, is as flawless, considered, influential and distinguished as it was back then, and we’re honored to present here for the first time expanded to 2LP.”

Never got into Bright Eyes, they were always on my radar but never grabbed me, listened again this week and still doesn't move me!

Thin Lizzy is cool but not international pricing cool...might wait on the reviews though and grab it down the road.. That record GOES!!

Probably just stick with the copy of Interpol I have, I don't listen to it much and don't feel the need to double dip on their second best record...

I'm personally a little underwhelmed by these picks, they need to put down that copy of Meet Me in the Bathroom and maybe start reading Our Band Could be Your Life or something... maybe get out of the country I've heard Europe is nice this time of year...

It feels like he’s still writing music reviews for his high school newspaper.
His editorials are about as straightforward as a bunch of chickens that have been sitting in a dark coup for decades only to be shown the light by a bunch of scruffy, well-dressed, Peoria born-and-bred, Gen-Xers. Gatefold. Red wax.

Back