Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I have this version: Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning which says it is a remastered 2016 reissue, but all the comments are from 2020 or later. Was there another remaster? Is the VMP version going to be any different than the version I have?
we'll find out details soon enough. i don't think anybody knows if the master will be different. I'd be a little surprised if it's the same plates as the 2016 but VMP has done stranger things...so maybe that is on brand for them.

I can't think of a single early 2000s indie rock album I enjoyed during that time that didn't get better with age for me, not worse. Not sure what it is, but it's like fine wine for me. Listening to it now is a far better experience than when I discovered the album for the first time.

It's the opposite effect with some (not all but some) early 90s grunge albums.
I don't know why I rated Pearl Jam's Ten so highly.

Are you basing that solely on him not singing with a twang? I’m listing to it now and most of it seems like pretty straightforward country to me.
the twang and the hokeyness is literally all i hear of country... its specifically what makes it a sore spot for me

(And the fact my mom is obsessed with it and thus the feelings of subtle transphobic behaviours get to me)

Are you basing that solely on him not singing with a twang? I’m listing to it now and most of it seems like pretty straightforward country to me.
I think the music is certainly rooted in Country. Lots of people would apply the “Americana” tag to this. Americana is Country music for people that say they don’t like Country Music.

I won't admit it's country because then it means I really liked a country album and im not becoming a fan of the "Southern pride" crap that kinda pretends the real prejudice and pain doesn't exist

I won't admit it's country because then it means I really liked a country album and im not becoming a fan of the "Southern pride" crap that kinda pretends the real prejudice and pain doesn't exist
Sure some Country artists/fans are assholes but so are some Hip-Hop, Punk, and Metal artists/fans. No need to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Back