Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I resubbed for 3 months for an all in price of $131. It means a total price tag of $43.66 per Album…but if you were to order any of these albums elsewhere you would likely pay, give or take; $6 shipping and Tacoma we have steep sales tax of over 10%. So if you were to subtract all that out and say, buying it from the artist or label web store $33.90 per album seems reasonable.

These are the rationalization gymnastics I use to justify my purchase. Whatever works.

I'm listening to my RE of Low End Theory from a few years ago and it sounds pretty dang good.

Quick sanity check...VMP version is still single pocket, 2LP, 33 RPM? Didn't change it to gatefold?

Colored vinyl, looks like a booklet and standard art print w Essentials is main difference from RE? Oh, and the chance that GZ and VMP totally fuck it up, of course.

I'm listening to my RE of Low End Theory from a few years ago and it sounds pretty dang good.

Quick sanity check...VMP version is still single pocket, 2LP, 33 RPM? Didn't change it to gatefold?

Colored vinyl, looks like a booklet and standard art print w Essentials is main difference from RE? Oh, and the chance that GZ and VMP totally fuck it up, of course.
nope, according to the details its a tip-on Gatefold pressed at 45 RPM. That is the reason I signed back up.

I want to rejoin for ATCQ, but I already have a have a good copy. I do want the tip-on gatefold and 45rpm, I just can’t trust their run of pressing issues with GZ. Is it worth the risk?

I have the 2009 pressing and I joined.
Probably my favorite hip hop album. I know I’m taking a risk but I’m ok with it.

I have the 2009 pressing and I joined.
Probably my favorite hip hop album. I know I’m taking a risk but I’m ok with it.
It’s my #2 (3 Feet High and Rising takes the crown for me), but I may dip in if the reviews are positive. I have a feeling I could offload mine and cushion any hit my wallet takes.

Last edited:
I want to rejoin for ATCQ, but I already have a have a good copy. I do want the tip-on gatefold and 45rpm, I just can’t trust their run of pressing issues with GZ. Is it worth the risk?
I also already own a decent copy of Low End Theory and still went hog wild and signed back up for a 3 month stint. ATCQ, Pharcyde, and maybe Patsy Cline.

Back