Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Just finished spinning Modest Mouse. Whoa, it sounds fantastic. There was a mild amount of surface noise on A4, but only for a few seconds and not too distracting.

I am thrilled at how good it sounds though. It’s been… idk at least 10 years since I’ve sat down and given this album a front to back listen. It was almost like hearing it for the first time.
I'm really hoping that MM is a sign that GZ is finally getting it together. I'm out for the next two months but I think I'll be in for all 4 tracks in June, so it'd be a nice relief if I didn't have to worry about another shit pressing. I was really impressed at how it turned out.

I don't usually complain about corner dings but seam splits on the other hand...

View attachment 133941

That's my newly-arrived Meters flash sale purchase. Record itself is a little warped but nothing my weight can't handle. And wowza, that yellow vinyl is so bright I need sunglasses to look at it.
That sucks but also Nice MST3K slipmat!

I don't usually complain about corner dings but seam splits on the other hand...

View attachment 133941

That's my newly-arrived Meters flash sale purchase. Record itself is a little warped but nothing my weight can't handle. And wowza, that yellow vinyl is so bright I need sunglasses to look at it.
Of course, with me saying I don't complain about corner dings, VMP sends me a replacement copy with the biggest fucking dent in the upper right corner, just daring me to ask for a third copy.

Of course, with me saying I don't complain about corner dings, VMP sends me a replacement copy with the biggest fucking dent in the upper right corner, just daring me to ask for a third copy.
I don't normally make a big deal about corner dents but they sent me one preorder I had been waiting on for about 6 months with a huge one. The kicker is it was in a rather large shipment and was in the middle of the package with 2-3 records on either side -none of which had any damage. They packed up a bent record.

Last edited:
The only way I can justify VMP prices is knowing they are gonna replace all their QC shortcomings and albums damaged due to poor packaging. It’s really not worth it if they aren’t gonna go above and beyond to attempt to fix all their fuck ups.

So this is interesting... a local shop down the road from me is carrying VMP. Will be interesting to see if any older releases show up there.

The embed isn’t working but paradise found records in Colorado has VMP albums. VMP drops a bunch off each month and they take back what doesn’t sell usually after a month or so. I got bill withers from them after it had sold out everywhere

The embed isn’t working but paradise found records in Colorado has VMP albums. VMP drops a bunch off each month and they take back what doesn’t sell usually after a month or so. I got bill withers from them after it had sold out everywhere
This is Downtown Sound in Loveland - Login • Instagram. It says
We’ve partnered with @vinylmeplease and are now carrying their monthly Classics, Essentials, Hip-Hop and Country releases! We’ve got February and March selections from @modestmouse, @grimes,@lorettalynnofficial, Lightnin’ Hopkins, Sylvester, and Young MC in stock now!

Can't believe I'm typing this, but...

When do sign-ups for The Low End Theory open?

And will it be worth $52 USD? (1 month International)
As long as they don't mess it up. This one is special for me as I graduated in 92 and this was my main listen around that time. It's my favorite HH album ever (sometimes tied with Illmatic). I think I paid nearly 40 for my black copy. This also seems a lot like something like OK Computer in that, yes, it gets a restock relatively often but the demand is so high that it usually sells out quickly. I don't see the price dropping on it anytime soon.

A 1 month International membership w/ VMP is $52 USD.

I don't want to be tied to VMP for longer than 1 month and I don't want to bother any of you other Canadian VMP members in case I have to ask for replacements.
My 1 month subscription last month was $43 CAD 🤔

As long as they don't mess it up.
Not holding my breath. I have a black copy too and keep waffling back and forth if I wanna jump in for this. I also had a black copy of Stankonia, which I didn’t repurchase via VMP and a black copy of 36 Chambers, which I did repurchase the VMP version; I was happier with the former decision than the latter though, I did end up with two defective copies of Wu-Tang and a store credit which I used to grab a very nice Medeski Martin & Wood album, so overall I feel like I was fairly compensated if not bummed with how it worked out.

It's been about four years since I've had a VMP membership, but I'm also hopping back in for ATCQ. The Low End Theory was my jam back in the day. Reading about warps and noisy pressings has me leery although the albums I do have from VMP have been problem free (even Gorillaz). 🤞

It's been about four years since I've had a VMP membership, but I'm also hopping back in for ATCQ. The Low End Theory was my jam back in the day. Reading about warps and noisy pressings has me leery although the albums I do have from VMP have been problem free (even Gorillaz). 🤞
It's been a little better lately, though can't speak to this month's since I'm taking a break until June.

Back