Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Sorry. Metamodern Sounds.
I canceled my membership so I'm not sure if it's still there for swaps. Dood & Juanita was definitely there, and if that was the one you're looking at I'd definitely tell you not to waste a swap on it, just get it elsewhere.

Yeah, not a ton I see in swaps that I would want. I may swap for credit and see if they have any other Tribe exclusives in May.

I got nothing against the next three Essentials albums at all as they're all solid enough picks. But I'm also thinking I'm looking a three straight swaps... which I have never done before. Going with Lightnin' Hopkins for April, likely Doug Sahm in May, and definitely Johnny Taylor in June. Hoping they come up with picks I'll be more into come July.

Some pretty solid pick across all tracks this round. ATCQ, Justice, Doug Sahm, UGK, Boogaloo Joe Jones and Lil Uzi Vert are all stuff I'd love to add to my collection. But at $60 a month as an international subscriber, I'll have to pass. I hope to pick up at least Sahm and ATCQ on Discogs at a reasonable price some time.

Does this mean the begging for midnight marauders is dead
Nope. Nothing in VMP history has indicated that they are unwilling to press multiple records by a single artist or group. I would almost argue that Low End Theory being an Essential release makes it more likely that more ATCQ ROTM and/or exclusives are possible..

Last edited:
They are both classics.

Totally agree!

You can't go wrong with either one I just think MM is a little better... And I LOVE Tribe Called Quest! Honestly at some point I just considered therm just one long double album!! What is really an accomplishment was how fucking good We Got it From Here is!!!

Back