Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I have the most recent repress and my copy sounded excellent all the way through which was especially surprising since it was pressed at United and I don’t always have the best of luck with them.
It's weird. It's not a pressing defect. It just sounds different than the rest of the album and kind of sounds like it was recorded with an answering machine tape under a blanket.

The Low End Theory was on my list to pick up this year as one of my 1990s selections. I had a hard time locating a good copy that wasn't super duper expensive, so I waited. The Aaliyah/Tribe combination is therefore something I'll dip into a sub for. I don't know what I'll do for May (Justice is a pass for me), but maybe there'll be something interesting to swap for.

If any VMP member is interested in taking a month off financially (i.e., not taking the monthly selection or swapping), I am interested in ATCQ Low End Theory and would buy it from you for cost plus shipping and, if you want, throw in extra for your time.
I could help you out.

If any VMP member is interested in taking a month off financially (i.e., not taking the monthly selection or swapping), I am interested in ATCQ Low End Theory and would buy it from you for cost plus shipping and, if you want, throw in extra for your time.
Seconded. I’d love a copy of this but don’t want to sub.

Can I not do a 1 month Sub anymore?

You can but it's like 43 bucks vs. a $33 add-on.
I see.
I'm not currently a member.
I guess its time to figure out if an OG copy or repress would sound better and is worth the purchase.

Otherwise, maybe I'll just wait for one of the many warped copies that are sure to hit the PIF thread.

You can but it's like 43 bucks vs. a $33 add-on.

$33 bucks + shipping to them though so it might be worth spending a couple extra bucks to not have to go through a middleman if there is something wrong with the record, which it’s VMP, so the chances are decent . At least that’s my justification of not reaching out to someone here with an open add on slot vs. just doing a month here or there 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
$33 bucks + shipping to them though so it might be worth spending a couple extra bucks to not have to go through a middleman if there is something wrong with the record, which it’s VMP, so the chances are decent . At least that’s my justification of not reaching out to someone here with an open add on slot be just doing a month here or there 🤷🏼‍♂️
This is actually a very good point I hadn’t considered.

$33 bucks + shipping to them though so it might be worth spending a couple extra bucks to not have to go through a middleman if there is something wrong with the record, which it’s VMP, so the chances are decent . At least that’s my justification of not reaching out to someone here with an open add on slot vs. just doing a month here or there 🤷🏼‍♂️
I get hit with sales tax so a one month sub ends up being like $46 or something crazy

I've looked at getting VMP records off Discogs but the ability to get a replacement easily makes it worth it to get it straight from them. Unless it is super cheap, like Dirty Projectors, I've bit the bullet and gone through them. In that case I got burnt as it showed up for sale for $16 in their sale this past week. The issues are a big deal. Phoenix gets great reviews but I needed a replacement due to a clicking in the last 15 seconds of Side A. Thing sound great right until the end. Same thing happened to my Gram Parsons.

I am solidly 3/3 on all of them..

Aaliyah was an artist I never got the full context for, kinda too young to have the connection a lot of people have, but after hearing the album in full all the interpolating and samples had power,

Tribe is a certified classic and though we will still beg for midnight marauders I'm more certain about low end theory because it's the only I listened to the most (I almost wanna call it a perfect 10 but i always wonder if it really hits like my favorites)

And justice, though I'm more unsure about that one, is definitely a beloved dance album and it's nice to get D.A.N.C.E on vinyl, though I do know that song isn't like the rest of the album.. it may not be daft punk or anything but it's easily one I'm lucky to try out

Just finished spinning Modest Mouse. Whoa, it sounds fantastic. There was a mild amount of surface noise on A4, but only for a few seconds and not too distracting.

I am thrilled at how good it sounds though. It’s been… idk at least 10 years since I’ve sat down and given this album a front to back listen. It was almost like hearing it for the first time.

Back