Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Volta replacement is here and yes obviously it's the same loud crackle issue. Email and video sent. I asked if they're doing a repress and suggested that it's really the only thing they can do to fix this. We'll see.
Did you send them some microscopic evidence to support your claim?

Did you send them some microscopic evidence to support your claim?
Due to this known widespread pressing issue with Mars Volta, VMP customer service has requested brief emails explaining the problem along with video evidence in order to expedite the replacement process. A simple two-word sentence should be adequate to obtain a new copy.

somethings_fucky_trailer_park_boys.gif

Being told there is a October repress coming for Volta. Affected members will be sent a copy, I don't know whether you'll need to email to get on the list or not. I'm sure they'll send out an email when it's finalized.
Place your bets folks on what is f'ed up on the repress. 100:1 odds that record is pressed at a haunted pressing plant and you all receive a poltergeist in the mail, and it goes down to 1:1 more crackle but different location.

Place your bets folks on what is f'ed up on the repress. 100:1 odds that record is pressed at a haunted pressing plant and you all receive a poltergeist in the mail, and it goes down to 1:1 more crackle but different location.
Also, it’s an October repress meaning everyone should have their replacements by Arbor Day 2022.

Being told there is a October repress coming for Volta. Affected members will be sent a copy, I don't know whether you'll need to email to get on the list or not. I'm sure they'll send out an email when it's finalized.
This is what "Elli" has informed me of as well. Willing to bet we end up with a totally different color so we get a Fraken-package of a final product.

Ask the Ages is so fucking good, you've got some good stuff coming to your turntable, regardless of how TMV turns out.

I didn't even finish looking at the options when I saw it show up in swaps. Despite De-Loused being one of my top 5 dream ROTMs since I joined VMP I got even more excited for Ask The Ages before TMV ended up being a shitshow.

Wait, so you get a replacement PLUS one of those titles?
I mean, a lot of shit there, but if I didn't have both (non VMP) and ordered I'd be all over a free copy of Gorillaz or QOTSA.
This, was not exactly clear. But I do know in the past they've given refunds and then also sent repress's to affected members. Although I'm not certain if this was by design or just they lost track.

This, was not exactly clear. But I do know in the past they've given refunds and then also sent repress's to affected members. Although I'm not certain if this was by design or just they lost track.
Seems like by the wording they get the repress regardless PLUS refund or another album. Either way I'm really going to enjoy 2022's membership fees of $60USD.

I'm going to go ahead with the refund, nothing on that list really appeals to me and this will cover my add on this month!

Edit: I'm a little confused, it's not the cost of my sub it's the cost of the record I'm getting refunded!? Sounds like the cost of the record!

Last edited:
I will say, as much as this is disappointing and annoying - I have been very lucky with my own VMP experience over the last two years and this is actually my very first time having to request a replacement copy.

With only August's ROTMs and a couple of pre-orders left on my membership, hopefully, it will also be the last.

Back