Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I got a response email and a new copy is on its way. I got an email from someone called “Matty” that’s is either the name for an automated response or some fella who just copy and pasted in an almost disingenuously empathetic and pally an auto response.

I got a response email and a new copy is on its way. I got an email from someone called “Matty” that’s is either the name for an automated response or some fella who just copy and pasted in an almost disingenuously empathetic and pally an auto response.
Matty is my guy too. Are you suggesting the same personable email is getting sent to every replaced album!? I thought Matty and I had a good thing going.

Getting new vinyl that sounds bad or is damaged is a total heart breaker! We want you to have records that look and sound awesome, so we'll get a new one in the mail right away.

From VMP -

“Hey Scott,

Thanks for reaching out! We are gathering a few additional pieces of info from the pressing plant, and should be able to give more details about a replacement in the next 24-48 hours. We will keep this ticket in our queue and, upon receiving word back on this issue, will let you know how we can move forward with this matter.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Matty
Customer Support Agent”
VMP

From VMP -

“Hey Scott,

Thanks for reaching out! We are gathering a few additional pieces of info from the pressing plant, and should be able to give more details about a replacement in the next 24-48 hours. We will keep this ticket in our queue and, upon receiving word back on this issue, will let you know how we can move forward with this matter.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Matty
Customer Support Agent”
VMP
My reply from Matty:

Hey Mitchell,

Thanks for reaching back out! I am terribly sorry you are still having issues with this title. We are gathering a few additional pieces of info from the pressing plant, and should be able to give more details about a replacement in the next 24-48 hours. I will keep this ticket in my personal queue and, upon receiving word back on this issue, will let you know how we can move forward with this matter.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Matty
Customer Support Agent
VMP
Now spinnin': 'A More Perfect Union ' by Titus Andronicus

Matty is my guy too. Are you suggesting the same personable email is getting sent to every replaced album!? I thought Matty and I had a good thing going.

Getting new vinyl that sounds bad or is damaged is a total heart breaker! We want you to have records that look and sound awesome, so we'll get a new one in the mail right away.

Word for word 😂

• Haha
Reactions: mgp
To be fair, they're likely getting hundreds of complaints daily so a bit of the ol' cut n' paste may be the only way to keep up!

I imagine VMP Customer Service is a job that sound/seems great in theory until every time they fuck up colossally - then it's really gotta suck.

And yet they still only employ about a single figure number of them…

Honestly customer service is nearly always an appalling job, they are almost always the lowest paid staff and they tend to bear the brunt of the public’s ire at decisions or cock ups made well above their heads.

In all honestly I get auto replies, it’s just that one is totally cringe, an auto reply should be perfunctory, attempting to sound matey and empathetic makes it disingenuous.

Honest customer service is nearly always an appalling job, lowest paid staff that always bear the brunt of the public’s ire at decisions or cock ups made well above their heads.

No doubt, this. But the idea of doing it for a vinyl club probably sounds more appealing than nearly any other CS position until the realization that it's just as shit as the rest. Or more.

No doubt, this. But the idea of doing it for a vinyl club probably sounds more appealing than nearly any other CS position until the realization that it's just as shit as the rest. Or more.

I did it for car insurance in my early 20s. It was actually most of the time an easy, albeit appallingly paid, job and no one really goes on impassioned rants at their car insurance company.

Got my first replacement on its way today as well.
Same here! I got an email and my first replacement is on its way too! 😊

My first copy though was useless because I actually got two A/B discs and both had that loud surface noise/distracting sound at the start of side A and side B!!!

I really hope the replacement I get is good because I really like this Mars Volta ROTM! It’s one of my favourite Essentials ROTM’s of this year!!! It’s my fourth favourite so far behind M.I.A., The Strokes and Darkside!!! I do love The Doors album of course, but the pressing doesn’t sound amazing like the others (even though I know it’s due to the recording)!

But yes, I really, really hope I get a good replacement copy for Mars Volta’s De-Loused in The Comatorium!!! 🤞

Same here! I got an email and my first replacement is on its way too! 😊

My first copy though was useless because I actually got two A/B discs and both had that loud surface noise/distracting sound at the start of side A and side B!!!

I really hope the replacement I get is good because I really like this Mars Volta ROTM! It’s one of my favourite Essentials ROTM’s of this year!!! It’s my fourth favourite so far behind M.I.A., The Strokes and Darkside!!! I do love The Doors album of course, but the pressing doesn’t sound amazing like the others (even though I know it’s due to the recording)!

But yes, I really, really hope I get a good replacement copy for Mars Volta’s De-Loused in The Comatorium!!! 🤞
That's great, I'm glad you like it! This was one of a couple albums in high school that I was absolutely obsessed with.

Back