Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Wonder if they did a larger than normal pressing and the number of subscribers didn't materialize? I would have thought this would be an instant sell out.
I thought so too but I suspect what happened was all the MV freaks splurged on the box set and single albums pre orders. So when this one was finally announced later only the DIE HARD fans ordered it as well. So you're left with seriously depleted sales. I mean this is only showing like 2800 people as having it on cogs and only like 130 on their want list. That's a really small number for an essentials run.

Last edited:
I thought so too but I suspect what happened was all the MV freaks splurged on the box set and single albums pre orders. So when this one was announced only the DIE HARD fans ordered it as well. So you're left with seriously depleted sales. I mean this is only showing like 2800 people as having it on cogs and only like 130 on their want list. That's a really small number for an essentials run.
That is pretty shocking for a band like this that everyone supposedly was hoping for VMP to do a pressing of

Ugh, VMP won't send me a replacement until I send a video. That could be a couple of weeks from now until I can make a video. I should have expected VMP would be so picky about replacements and done it before I disconnected everything.
Have someone else on here forward you a copy of there shittily pressed album. VMP won’t know the difference.

I watched my defective copy closely and I'm convinced I hear the static when the needle travels over the darker streaks. You don't notice it as much when the music gets louder. This would explain why there are some reports of decent disks. If they have light or no streaks on the quiet spots = no noise. I've sort of noticed it in some videos, too. I think it's an issue for the whole run.

I watched my defective copy closely and I'm convinced I hear the static when the needle travels over the darker streaks. You don't notice it as much when the music gets louder. This would explain why there are some reports of decent disks. If they have light or no streaks on the quiet spots = no noise. I've sort of noticed it in some videos, too. I think it's an issue for the whole run.
Careful, @Mather might have to get out his microscope.

Not getting Beverly Glenn-Copeland.. I do like the album but it felt like I was TRYING to like it enough. Mostly because I appreciate the first ever trans artist to be the ROTM (if one artist they've chosen before turned out to be trans I retract that achievement but still impressive), especially a black trans man who is never talked about. But the music is very dreamy but not really something I'll listen to

I'm not sure. I re-watched the video I sent to VMP and it looks like my copy has the noise in the "no streaks" areas.

Received my replacement of Mars Volta. Same noise issue on multiple sides. Bummer.

Edit: talked to VMP customer service. They offered to send me a 3rd copy, but I declined. They provided $40 store credit instead. So, no complaints about their customer service, I suppose.

CS is and has always been amazing. You can also ask them to apply the credit to your subscription costs if you'd like

Thanks. Yes, it's good to get a clean one. I wasn't sure if I would have had the patience to request a third copy, but thankfully that is moot.
Cheers!
I will be requesting a copy until I get a good one. I don't care if it takes ten. I almost bought this album for like $300 several times I AM PREPARED TO DIE ON THIS FRIVOLOUS LUXURY ITEM HILL

I will be requesting a copy until I get a good one. I don't care if it takes ten. I almost bought this album for like $300 several times I AM PREPARED TO DIE ON THIS FRIVOLOUS LUXURY ITEM HILL
At this point I'm going to keep requesting new copies until I get a clean one out of spite. This pressing is such a monumental disaster, they need to see that reflected in their numbers. I feel like a $40 credit is giving them the easy way out.

Edit: I'll add that my first copy is worse than it seems most are, I have persistent loud surface noise across 3 out of 4 sides. It's awful, especially whenever the music gets a bit quieter. Second copy should be here Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed.

At this point I'm going to keep requesting new copies until I get a clean one out of spite. This pressing is such a monumental disaster, they need to see that reflected in their numbers. I feel like a $40 credit is giving them the easy way out.

Edit: I'll add that my first copy is worse than it seems most are, I have persistent loud surface noise across 3 out of 4 sides. It's awful, especially whenever the music gets a bit quieter. Second copy should be here Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed.
My first copy has bad noise off the top of A and B but it's not as bad as some, it dissipates more quickly but then side C has loads of pops across all the quiet sections which is caused by that very common sort of straight wear line that you see on a lot of discs. Still not sure what causes it but sometimes it makes noise, sometimes it doesn't. In this case it does in the most obvious section. Hopefully at the very least the replacement will have a clean side C and D but I'm fully expecting to need quite a few of these before I happen across a clean one.

Last edited:
Back