Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Still really nervous about how much they can screw up Wu-Tang after this debacle. I'm not worried about Beverly-Glenn Copeland. I gave it another chance this weekend and my wife hated it, I had zero connection with the album so that's a definite hard pass. Didn't feel as strongly as the wife but it will definitely get no plays in this house. Probably going to put that money into the Dr John RSD drop that's still kicking around.

Still really nervous about how much they can screw up Wu-Tang after this debacle. I'm not worried about Beverly-Glenn Copeland. I gave it another chance this weekend and my wife hated it, I had zero connection with the album so that's a definite hard pass. Didn't feel as strongly as the wife but it will definitely get no plays in this house. Probably going to put that money into the Dr John RSD drop that's still kicking around.

That Dr. John does look good!
I'm way in for Beverly-Glen Copeland, but can also understand where your wife is at. It's definitely a more divisive pick.

This is my last month, so I'm out before Wu-Tang. I was mildly bummed about that a month ago, but now I feel like it's gonna be a whole 'nother fuckshow in and of itself. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not like there hasn't been all kinds of precedent!

That Dr. John does look good!
I'm way in for Beverly-Glen Copeland, but can also understand where your wife is at. It's definitely a more divisive pick.

This is my last month, so I'm out before Wu-Tang. I was mildly bummed about that a month ago, but now I feel like it's gonna be a whole 'nother fuckshow in and of itself. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not like there hasn't been all kinds of precedent!
Yeah, I have Gumbo and I love it, but this album is much darker and almost spiritual. Balked on the price at $55 CAD but it's a 3LP so I shouldn't really complain. Building enough for free shipping and I'm $8 shy after adding Gorillaz Plastic Beach.

Wu-Tang falls on my last month of my 3 month re-up. It's either going to go great and I'll be tempted to sign up for longer, or it's going to be a disaster and I'm going to contemplate cancelling for good. I do not feel like there's going to be any in-between here.

Couple of quick questions:

1) How's the Darkside rotm pressing?

2) Are there any stand out records of the month from this year?

3) Any thoughts about what might show up in swaps?

I only ask this because I haven't been a member in a while and feel as much as I enjoy the Beverly-Glen Copeland record I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of swaps this month! With an obscure choice for Essentials going up against 3 really well known artists it's going to be a shitshow!

Couple of quick questions:

1) How's the Darkside rotm pressing?

2) Are there any stand out records of the month from this year?

3) Any thoughts about what might show up in swaps?

I only ask this because I haven't been a member in a while and feel as much as I enjoy the Beverly-Glen Copeland record I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of swaps this month! With an obscure choice for Essentials going up against 3 really well known artists it's going to be a shitshow!
Darkside (Psychic) is one of my favorites things I've ever gotten from VMP. The pressing is outstanding!

I just okayed the shipment of my 3rd copy of De-Loused. Hopefully third time is a charm. CS said "Many of the replacements we have sent have been issue free so it's likely a small portion of the inventory that was affected." Sounds like most are defective and a select few are noisy and not the opposite.
Issue free or people that have got tired of making videos to ask for a replacement. Same to them I guess?

I'd say 90% odds you're fucked mate.

Yep. Theyā€™ve bollocksed up this pressing, it is rougher than a dogs arse. So Side A is shocking, the run in and the opening track sound like thereā€™s been a detuned radio added to the top of the mix. Thereā€™s a good bit of noise at the end of the last track and the run out groove is rough (I can live with that though). Side B has persistent crackle but not as overpowering as side A. Sides C & D have much less crackle and any thatā€™s there could be just the usual first spin after cleaning crackle. Iā€™ll make a video for them tomorrow which should verify that.

To have noise so loud that you can hear it over The Mars Volta is an impressive level of shitness.

Itā€™s also a pity because once that passes it sounds fantastic. Eugh!

Ha! My third copy of Deloused isā€¦ defective. Exact same distortion issue on side A and B. One part of me wants to keep asking for replacements, but I really donā€™t want to take up any more shipping resources anymore. I think Iā€™ll just get my refund and hope they repress A and B at some point where I know Iā€™ll at least get a decent sounding copy.

quick question for those in the know....

never swapped before but didn't want anything last month, so i've got credit.

already paid up for my membership track; but added on a track for August

can we use swap credit for paying membership fees/add-ons (i really hope so 'cause i maybe purchase 1-2 things a year from their store, if that)?

as well, if we can, do i need to do anything special to make it happen or if i have credit will it prioritize that over my usual payment set-up?

please and thank you

quick question for those in the know....

never swapped before but didn't want anything last month, so i've got credit.

already paid up for my membership track; but added on a track for August

can we use swap credit for paying membership fees/add-ons (i really hope so 'cause i maybe purchase 1-2 things a year from their store, if that)?

as well, if we can, do i need to do anything special to make it happen or if i have credit will it prioritize that over my usual payment set-up?

please and thank you

I think you need to talk to customer service and have them do it. Seems to me I've seen others mention having success going that route. (Haven't done it myself.)

I think you need to talk to customer service and have them do it. Seems to me I've seen others mention having success going that route. (Haven't done it myself.)
Just looked in the FAQs (funny I come here before the companies actual FAQs) and it says:

"What kind of credits will be issued (store or membership)?​

Credits will be issued in the form of Store Credits. We are able to convert these credits to membership credits after they've been uploaded. "

So it sounds like it needs to be requested. Glad I asked with a few days to go.

Back