Vinyl Me Please Essentials

New question: does anybody have Variant 1 for Side A? CH 182 A1 985284 225795E1

I'm starting to wonder if that was just a typo someone entered and it doesn't actually exist.
My replacement copy arrived today with this "alternate" runout and showed no improvement. My first copy shows 990587 on side A, the replacement shows 985284, and both versions have the same loud static on the A1 intro. Side B intro also has static on both. I asked VMP who requested I send the usual video but told me they are working on a plan to address this and in the mean time they would not be able to send additional replacement copies.

My replacement copy arrived today with this "alternate" runout and showed no improvement. My first copy shows 990587 on side A, the replacement shows 985284, and both versions have the same loud static on the A1 intro. Side B intro also has static on both. I asked VMP who requested I send the usual video but told me they are working on a plan to address this and in the mean time they would not be able to send additional replacement copies.
Does this mean they are going to provide credit for everyone that has a bad copy? If something is defective, we should be entitled to some sort of compensation, right?

Well hopefully they do the right thing and repress disc one.

Sad to see Beverly Glenn-Copeland getting NO love on Reddit. It is a pretty left field choice forn, but I'm absolutely thrilled for it. Great album to end my tenure with VMP on.
It's definitely an acquired taste and for me falls into the same bucket as Dorothy Ashby. I can see why people love it, but it just doesn't resonate with me.

Sad to see Beverly Glenn-Copeland getting NO love on Reddit. It is a pretty left field choice forn, but I'm absolutely thrilled for it. Great album to end my tenure with VMP on.
I thought I saw quite a bit of enthusiasm for it when it was first announced, but I haven't been on there in a while. I agree, I think it's an awesome choice.

Like, I *could* get it and set myself up to get Wu-Tang next month, but I just pulled the trigger on the Dr John/Gorillaz purchase (threw in some Led Zeppelin to get the free shipping as they were OOS on the Genesis album I wanted), and I'm approaching next month as "Well, I already have a copy of Wu, so if it oversells sucks but I'll live". My wife HATES the album so with our fun work from home situation there's very little opportunity for me to ever spin it to get to a point of liking it.

It's definitely an acquired taste and for me falls into the same bucket as Dorothy Ashby. I can see why people love it, but it just doesn't resonate with me.
Yeah, this is me too. It’s not my bag but it seems like portion of people that do enjoy is album really dig it and for that reason it deserves this extra exposure.

Wu will have a significantly higher run I imagine (Essentials vs. RHH) but still pretty likely.
ATLiens was a HUGE draw, and if /r/vinylreleases/ on reddit was an indication a ton of people signed up just for it. It would be kind of dumb for them to not realize how big of a seller it would be. Bigger than Stankonia and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik by far.

ATLiens was a HUGE draw, and if /r/vinylreleases/ on reddit was an indication a ton of people signed up just for it. It would be kind of dumb for them to not realize how big of a seller it would be. Bigger than Stankonia and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik by far.

Rightly so being such a huge draw too. Outside Aquemini it should be the biggest draw, easily. I just don't know whether they will have upped their RHH pressing numbers up enough to account for it, versus Essentials being their highest run sub. I still agree Wu will moat likely sell out, I just imagine it taking an hour or so longer to do so. And hope they were smart enough to ramp the run up for it too

In other Essential news, fully expect Wu to sell out, if not oversell next month as Outkast is already all gone.
Neat trick you can do, after your records lock / your shipment sends you can do an add on and lock in that track. That way you still don't get charged until the first of next month and once the month rolls over you are already locked in with your add on.

I did that for ATLiens in fear it might sell out quick and just dropped the add on once I was good on swapping for it this morning.

Neat trick you can do, after your records lock / your shipment sends you can do an add on and lock in that track. That way you still don't get charged until the first of next month and once the month rolls over you are already locked in with your add on.

I did that for ATLiens in fear it might sell out quick and just dropped the add on once I was good on swapping for it this morning.
Yup that's what I've always done.

I'm not a big R/HH fan and I'm picking it up this month.

Damn, never thought of trying that. Was always afraid that they would send the current month's add-on

Back