Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Don’t have the VMP but just spun the new Clouds Hill press. Anyone have a clip of what they are hearing?

Oh it's not subtle. Just non stop right channel fuzz off the top of side A and B. Some worse than others, but almost universally bad .

Not sure if this here is worse or better but it's definitely awful:

Not sure if this here is worse or better but it's definitely awful:

Omg, it’s so bad!!!!! That’s freaking awful! 😱

If I have this issue on my copy, I’ll probably try one more copy, and if that replacement copy has the same issue, I’m going to ask for store credit! That noise on your copy is brutal…😳😓

I really hope the Essentials Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) pressing doesn’t have any severe pressing issues like this Mars Volta Essentials pressing! 🙏

To the surprise of absolutely no one I can confirm I have the same surface noise issue on the A / B side. Plus a nice corner ding. I can’t remember the last time I received an order from VMP that didn’t have a ding tbh. I’m just numb to it now.

Thanks for sharing. My copy is similar, but maybe a little less intense than yours. Wondering if this is even worth trying for a replacement at this point.
I would say it’s worth raising your complaint. How they fix it? I don’t know. I’ve asked them to play test any replacement they send out but doubt they will.

To the surprise of absolutely no one I can confirm I have the same surface noise issue on the A / B side. Plus a nice corner ding. I can’t remember the last time I received an order from VMP that didn’t have a ding tbh. I’m just numb to it now.
I have a big corner ding on mine as well but like you said, I've gotten used to it I guess 🤷

I have a big corner ding on mine as well but like you said, I've gotten used to it I guess 🤷
There's definitely something to be said for different post offices causing different issues. Everything I get is warped, maybe sitting in hot trucks or facilities, but I almost NEVER get corner dings. Like probably less than 10 times ever. Very seldom get seam splits too.

There's definitely something to be said for different post offices causing different issues. Everything I get is warped, maybe sitting in hot trucks or facilities, but I almost NEVER get corner dings. Like probably less than 10 times ever. Very seldom get seam splits too.
Or your postie knows just how to mess with your head but not push you over the edge. Warps, yup. Warps, corner dings and seam splits make @Mather go postal.

Back