Vinyl Me Please Essentials

2013 Debut, London Grammar?
possible... i think i'd probably take any of these LPs but they are also readily available (i know we SAID we didn't mind if it was readily available but that was when a VMP ROTM didn't cost double the cost of how records were just 5 years ago and how most records that aren't by an indie rapper or popular with the UO scene still are).. but these only count as "out of stock" because of the lack of pressing during covid time (and darkside is easily available on the matador store).. and all but one of them (which is the one you suggested) are easily able to buy on amazon for half the VMP price... they better do something great with this album and kala...

and for jimi they'd have to do something really impressive.. like the original mono tapes AND the UK tracklisting as jimi would have wanted

I'm still expecting Disclosure or maybe Chvrches over Darkside, though. Solely because it'll be easier to sell a lot of copies of them.
I really hope we don’t get Chvrches for the May Essentials ROTM! I’d much rather Disclosure or Darkside instead! I’m looking so forward to seeing which one will receive the VMP Essentials treatment!!! 👀😇

Starting to get relieved that VMP is being very hit or miss lately. MIA would be a fat no from me, probably wouldn’t leap at any of the electronic album picks for some time, only thing that’s exciting in essentials next three months would be the Classic Rock pick. More money for better records whoop!

Sooooo, if IT IS Darkside... what month would it be? I've lost track.
May_DP_series.png

Y’all know that Nicholas Jaar is half of Darkside, right? The other half is Dave Harrington. It’s definitely electronic.
have you listened to the album though

its not really that electronic... it is mostly a lot of guitar and bass and feels almost more like a moody funk and blues album than anything

have you listened to the album though

its not really that electronic... it is mostly a lot of guitar and bass and feels almost more like a moody funk and blues album than anything
Yeah, I've seen them live. It's electronic music. You can have guitars and bass in electronic music.

Most importantly, it's listed that way on wikipedia.

Yeah, I've seen them live. It's electronic music. You can have guitars and bass in electronic music.
i agree

but it IS a little loose

like yeah it is but i honestly thought listening to bits of paper trails there would be very little synth at all and almost all just bass, guitar, and MAYBE a drum machine.. the first track on the album is proving me wrong though and i will accept it because nicolas jaar makes good stuff

mostly just being unhappy that the album we got wasn't the album i specifically wanted

All solid choices for electronic album, but I don't want it to be any of those, because I already own them on vinyl:p

(re: Disclosure, Chvrches, and Darkside)
Yeah it looks like there’s an affordable 2LP 45 RPM optimal press of the Darkside album - I’d probably rather get that than a more expensive colored pressing from GZ

Back