Vinyl Me Please Essentials

It was the same in the old place too. Make a huge deal out “sorry I’m wrong” and then call out the people who pointed it out to him for making him feel bad.
He's so fucking smug. In addition, he can dish it out like the best of them but he can't take any criticism at all. A real deadly combo.

He's so fucking smug. In addition, he can dish it out like the best of them but he can't take any criticism at all. A real deadly combo.

I don’t mind him dishing it out, I’m happy to laugh off any flack that’s isn’t personal, it’s the defensiveness and the complete inability to take anything coming back in the opposite direction. Anyway I don’t really need him anymore so lesson learned, stay away from VMP Reddit!

I don’t mind him dishing it out, I’m happy to laugh off any flack that’s isn’t personal, it’s the defensiveness and the complete inability to take anything coming back in the opposite direction. Anyway I don’t really need him anymore so lesson learned, stay away from VMP Reddit!
I just can't believe he said "I don't know where you would have gotten that I don't care about mastering." I guess we don't have receipts since they deleted the forum but he said over and over again he didn't care how records sounded through his Doobie Brothers speaker, right? Was it all just a dream? Are we the crazy ones?

So... Right now, if you guys go to swaps, is it giving you the option to swap for one of the 3 tracks that you're already supposed to be getting? Because it's not giving me the option to swap Aretha at all, but it's giving me the option to swap either of my other tracks for it... which makes me think it doesn't even know I'm signed up for it already...

I just can't believe he said "I don't know where you would have gotten that I don't care about mastering." I guess we don't have receipts since they deleted the forum but he said over and over again he didn't care how records sounded through his Doobie Brothers speaker, right? Was it all just a dream? Are we the crazy ones?

I don’t think it was so much that he didn‘t care but that he would always reply to concerns with “it sounds fine through my system” and we all knew what that was. When you combine that with the fact that he never seemed to actually understand what AAA meant and had no idea which (if any) previous VMP pressings were AAA it makes this newfound piety kind of difficult to swallow!

So... Right now, if you guys go to swaps, is it giving you the option to swap for one of the 3 tracks that you're already supposed to be getting? Because it's not giving me the option to swap Aretha at all, but it's giving me the option to swap either of my other tracks for it... which makes me think it doesn't even know I'm signed up for it already...

i can swap on both tracks (classics and essentials) that I’m subbed for sorry!

I don’t think it was so much that he didn‘t care but that he would always reply to concerns with “it sounds fine through my system” and we all knew what that was. When you combine that with the fact that he never seemed to actually understand what AAA meant and had no idea which (if any) previous VMP pressings were AAA it makes this newfound piety kind of difficult to swallow!
I don't see what the big deal is Joe, people make frequent mistakes about simple recurring details integral to the jobs they've had for years all the time! That doesn't mean you should assume they aren't experts in those things!

yes, or 2 bb depending on which I was to swap. Whether it follows through when you chose it I don’t know because some genius decided things can’t be undone anymore.
Okay thanks for checking, in the past during one of their other patented screw ups, that was a hallmark of a issue with the track. It doesn't even give me the option to swap Aretha but as long as I get it in the end I'm cool. But I'm sure shipping will be an ABSOLUTE GOAT RODEO this month so it should be fun.

Okay thanks for checking, in the past during one of their other patented screw ups, that was a hallmark of a issue with the track. It doesn't even give me the option to swap Aretha but as long as I get it in the end I'm cool. But I'm sure shipping will be an ABSOLUTE GOAT RODEO this month so it should be fun.

well after last months pre/post 7th rodeo that is saying something! I wonder if all the boxes have shipped out yet?

I don't see what the big deal is Joe, people make frequent mistakes about simple recurring details integral to the jobs they've had for years all the time! That doesn't mean you should assume they aren't experts in those things!

We can’t expect a leopard to change their spots. Maybe he has changed and now cares deeply even if his defensiveness would suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
Perhaps he has changed but wondering what gave you that idea shows either a very short memory or a complete lack of self awareness.

I think it’s the later causing the former. Anyway enough air has been wasted on his behalf tonight and I have now comically acquired an account that exists solely to troll me on here, which I find utterly hilarious. Moral of the story, stay off Reddit!

Back