Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Same here. Have had zero and I mean zero problems with BN80. All have been perfect, even with those terrible paper inner sleeves the first few came in.
Plus the price point is fantastic. The last one I picked up was the Grant Green - Alive, for £12 at Honest Jons...........£12!

Lesson learnt for me: To never buy vinyl from Amazon US unless it’s MoFi, Blue Note Tone Poet or an Analogue Productions pressing! They are the only consistently faultless records I’ve received!
I had an issue with amazon US a while back. I ordered a stack of tone poets which weren't delivered. Once I emailed them they claimed it had been delivered. They double checked again and it turns out they sent it to the wrong address. They fixed it in the end and re-sent them but it was pretty annoying and I had to wait another 3 weeks for it to arrive. I try to avoid anything from the US now as if there is an issue its just so complicated to sort it.

There’s no way the Black Friday coupon code will work on a new subscription right?
Hopefully it does for everyone’s sake! I want more people to subscribe so then many people can purchase different ROTM titles. That way, more ROTM titles can go out of stock, and can be removed from the warehouse/website!

Would be nice if old ROTM’s like Tennis, Wells Fargo, Big Bill Broonzy, Torres, Lapsley etc could go out of stock and be permanently removed from the store!

I know it’s pretty obvious and that Vinyl Me, Please got rid of the old forum, but I do really love their products and service overall!

But I sort of love your resentment towards them too! And I love that you are currently subscribed to Vinyl Me, Please too!

Are you planning on buying any VMP exclusives on Thursday, with the 30% off coupon Joe?!?!

I know it’s pretty obvious and that Vinyl Me, Please got rid of the old forum, but I do really love their products and service overall!

But I sort of love your resentment towards them too! And I love that you are currently subscribed to Vinyl Me, Please too!

Are you planning on buying any VMP exclusives on Thursday, with the 30% off coupon Joe?!?!

Resentment isn’t so much the word. I just see all their multitude of faults and find the unquestioning devotion to them a bit perplexing. They do occasionally get it dead right but far too often the pressing or the curation or the logistics go badly wrong. I note your scorn above for amazon. I have lots of scorn for amazon too, most of it around their work practices. I’ve had so many more problems with VMP. In fact I’ve had to get 4x more replacements for issues from VMP in 18 months than all from all other sources in 6 years of collecting. I came back for Songs For The Deaf, as I said I would, I don’t see me staying on beyond this sub without a seriously special album the month after my subscription ends.

And no there’s nothing in the store I want that I’ve not already bought so I’ll be sitting it out. I’ll actually be sitting it out for all retailers, I need to reign in my vinyl spending a lil bit.

And no there’s nothing in the store I want that I’ve not already bought so I’ll be sitting it out. I’ll actually be sitting it out for all retailers, I need to reign in my vinyl spending a lil bit.
Im kinda sitting out the sale too! I’m just getting the two exclusives that dropped earlier today and Frances Quinlan!

I would have saved a bit if I didn’t buy Moses Sumney, Grimes, Caribou, Caroline Polachek, Ann Arbor, Kate Bollinger, Bon Iver, Cornelius etc straight away, but I’m happy I’ll be getting three vinyl records at 30% off! 🙏

I was going to get Charlie Collins, Fania All Stars, Kingfish, Floating Points & Vagabon...but I know I won’t spin them much; so I’m not buying any of them, even though I get a discount. Need to make sure I get records I really want and I need to be less experimental and adventurous.

I’ve just been really liking all the exclusives that have been dropping since last week!!!

Im kinda sitting out the sale too! I’m just getting the two exclusives that dropped earlier today and Frances Quinlan!

I would have saved a bit if I didn’t buy Moses Sumney, Grimes, Caribou, Caroline Polachek, Ann Arbor, Kate Bollinger, Bon Iver, Cornelius etc straight away, but I’m happy I’ll be getting three vinyl records at 30% off! 🙏

I was going to get Charlie Collins, Fania All Stars, Kingfish, Floating Points & Vagabon...but I know I won’t spin them much; so I’m not buying any of them, even though I get a discount. Need to make sure I get records I really want and I need to be less experimental and adventurous.

I’ve just been really liking all the exclusives that have been dropping since last week!!!

only album there I want (i already own Charlie Collins on vinyl and Bon Iver on CD) is Moses Sumney and I’m going to order that direct from him on bandcamp tomorrow when I get paid!

This is hypothetical restraint based on the fact I bought expensive gear in January and was supposed buy less records as a result and I have actually bought more this year than I ever have previously in a year...
I’m seriously going to cut down on buying vinyl next year though. I’m going to seriously not buy any vinyl if shipping for it costs $10+

I’m going to cut Urban Outfitters out completely. I think I’ll seriously only stick to Vinyl Me, Please as there will be Anthology Series’ in the future I will like, plus I usually buy all three of their ROTM’s, and like majority of their store exclusives too!

But yeah, no more Blue Note, Amazon purchases, Bandcamp purchases, Light In The Attic, HHV etc. it’s just too expensive!

Only Vinyl Me, Please and Record Store Day 2020 and local record stores (that sell new releases, like Billie Eilish etc).

I’m seriously going to cut down on buying vinyl next year though. I’m going to seriously not buy any vinyl if shipping for it costs $10+

I’m going to cut Urban Outfitters out completely. I think I’ll seriously only stick to Vinyl Me, Please as there will be Anthology Series’ in the future I will like, plus I usually buy all three of their ROTM’s, and like majority of their store exclusives too!

But yeah, no more Blue Note, Amazon purchases, Bandcamp purchases, Light In The Attic, HHV etc. it’s just too expensive!

Only Vinyl Me, Please and Record Store Day 2020 and local record stores (that sell new releases, like Billie Eilish etc).
🧐
You should also buy N&G selections. @gaporter is picking soon! And @Joe Mac’s was 🔥🔥🔥.

That colored vinyl though :rolleyes: seriously though, it looks great and will probably sound great but I would have much rather had a standard black press from QRP.
Based on some recent exclusives where the actual pressing looked materially different than the mock-up (e.g. Etta Jones, Stax Xmas, Sonny Rollins) I don't have a lot of confidence right now that the actual record will look like that. I hope I'm wrong.

🧐
You should also buy N&G selections. @gaporter is picking soon! And @Joe Mac’s was 🔥🔥🔥.

they’re all 🔥🔥🔥 in their own way, none of the picks has been bad, even if it won’t always be “your thing”, and there has been such passion and knowledge from each picker!

@NathanRicaud you should get more involved in those threads and sample all the picks, only buy the ones you love though 😀

So are they going to continue this trend of announcing the next three months? It would make a lot more sense now that they're forcing everyone into multi-month subs.

They said on Reddit they are not announcing January in advance but will announce February to April in advance, why 🤷‍♂️

Back