Vinyl Me Please Essentials

The lack of communication between their teams is astounding. It's a small company where nobody seems to talk to one another. I don't mind that Storf does AMAs and everything on reddit--he doesn't have to. But cmon man...get your shit together VMP. You can't use that "we're a new company working out the kinks" excuse anymore.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Imagine how much it must suck to deal with shit heads like whoever Gloaming3 is. Does Storf even technically work for VMP? I used to work in a call center. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's the holidays, folks -- be kind.
You get what you give. Storf is not some saint who’s been kind to VMP customers. If anyone deserves a little snark, it’s that guy.

Haha, nice username @Joe Mac.

Providing this for insight into the purported future Aretha Classics pick. Lost all interest in it halfway through reading and gained some hope back by the end. If it doesn't end up being mono, I'll likely be back to looking for an original of whatever it is.

View attachment 24045

This points to that release being Aretha Now or earlier as well, if it has a dedicated mono mix, I believe. Unless Storf again has it wrong...

This response has me cracking up: "This one is mono - sorry I said stereo, I was thinking of another mono record" 😂

You get what you give. Storf is not some saint who’s been kind to VMP customers. If anyone deserves a little snark, it’s that guy.

what really cracks me up is him claiming to be some kind of mastering guru now! His stock answer to any mastering question was always “sounds good on my system”. Errrrr yeah storf, that’s the doobie brothers record speaker? Very revealing...

Sorry, I guess I'm used to Joe's snark. Storf not only works for VMP, but actually facilitated/picked Aretha being the pick this month, so I think he deserves the flak for not knowing what mix it is. Perhaps a kinder way would have been better, I agree.

To be fair only with VMP. I’m just mildly sarcastic everywhere else. 😂😂😂

I'm bummed that the Aretha is stereo rather than mono. I have an OG mono, so I'm guessed I'm not that bummed, but it's still disappointing that they went with the inferior stereo mix.

I was looking for stereo/mono info. Doesn't the label color match up with the mono release?

mono

stereo

Anyone else still unable to see their tracks and just getting the generic "we are upgrading our website" message?

Yep, still no functioning account. I submitted a help ticket 24 hours ago after receiving 'scheduled renewal/swaps are open' emails, but being unable to actually do anything on the site; still no response

I was looking for stereo/mono info. Doesn't the label color match up with the mono release?

mono

stereo
It's mono. Storf made a mistake and said it was stereo for some reason.

Back