Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I’M SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE OCTOBER ROTM’s!!!!! 💎🤗🌈

Storf said there will be no exclusives to go with the September ROTM’s but there will be exclusives to go with 2/3 of the ROTM’s in October!

We know the Classics ROTM this October will be from Fania Records, and it looks like we just got the exclusives to go with that Classics ROTM! So that means we should be getting exclusives to go with the October Essentials and Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s! 🙇‍♂️🤔💡

So hyped up for October!! And then the month after we will get the Black Friday Sale!!! Wooo! 🥳🙌😎
The thing is nathan, they already confirmed exactly which record is the classics ROTM for october:

At the very end it says:

And finally, at the end of September, Vinyl Me, Please will announce the Classics Record of the Month for October: A reissue of Johnny Pacheco and Celia Cruz’s Celia y Johnny.

The thing is nathan, they already confirmed exactly which record is the classics ROTM for october:

At the very end it says:

And finally, at the end of September, Vinyl Me, Please will announce the Classics Record of the Month for October: A reissue of Johnny Pacheco and Celia Cruz’s Celia y Johnny.
Yay! Hopefully the exclusives that pair with the ROTM’s are not for this album though, although I’d still be very happy as I love the album. I’m really happy with this Classics pick! I listened to the album earlier today and I really enjoyed it. There’s so much rhythm in “Celia y Johnny”! I’m really feeling everything musically. This is one of my favourite Classics releases this year actually! The music itself on this release is chirpy, flavourful, sexy and soothing!

This is my top 10 from Prince and his affiliates!

1. Prince - Dirty Mind
2. Prince - 1999
3. Prince - Purple Rain
4. Prince - Controversy
5. Prince - Sign O’ The Times
6. Vanity 6 - Vanity 6
7. The Family - The Family
8. Jill Jones - Jill Jones
9. Prince - Parade
10. The Time - What Time Is It!?!?

Diamonds and Pearls seems to be right up your alley.

Diamonds and Pearls seems to be right up your alley.
I like the album, it’s a pretty great album. But that album is nowhere near my top 10. There isn’t any super sexy songs on that album. And there a few meh songs in there, like “Push”, “Live 4 Love” and “Jughead”. I’m not huge on Diamonds and Pearls! Definitely not a sexy album.

Prince is the musician with the best and most sexiest tracks in his discography. If I were to compile the 25 most sexiest songs by Prince, none from Diamonds and Pearls would come up, not even “Insatiable”.

And I love the song “Gett Off”, but don’t tell me that song is sexy, because it’s not. Tracks like “In The Closet” by Michael Jackson that were released are that year are what I call sexy, but not “Gett Off” or “Cream”. They’re great songs though of course!

I would love it to be R.E.M. but how can they possibly follow such names as Jim Sullivan, The Silvertones, Phoenix and Experience Unlimited. We’re talking A game here people and one of R.E.M.’s lesser albums doesn’t compete with any of these Essentials.

I actually think this lesser R.E.M. album would be one of the best releases VMP touched but I doubt they would be able to handle it properly. Lots of people (like me) have tons of R.E.M. albums but are missing this and New Adventures/Up/Reveal due to the CD boom and are patiently awaiting reissues. Stop suggesting good albums. It makes the disappointment even worse when you find out it’s Haddaway rather than Prince’s Love Symbol album or Scatman John rather than New Adventures In High Fi.

And the saddest part of all... i’d Rather have Haddaway or Scatman John than the last few album choices. Scatman’s World Crying Out for a reissue people.

As is Hulk Hogan’s Hulk Rules.

I just caved and bought Reveal recently off of discogs. I love that album. Someone stop me from shelling out for NAIHF and UP. I can wait on Monster since it’s out this year.

I like the album, it’s a pretty great album. But that album is nowhere near my top 10. There isn’t any super sexy songs on that album. And there a few meh songs in there, like “Push”, “Live 4 Love” and “Jughead”. I’m not huge on Diamonds and Pearls! Definitely not a sexy album.

Prince is the musician with the best and most sexiest tracks in his discography. If I were to compile the 25 most sexiest songs by Prince, none from Diamonds and Pearls would come up, not even “Insatiable”.

And I love the song “Gett Off”, but don’t tell me that song is sexy, because it’s not. Tracks like “In The Closet” by Michael Jackson that were released are that year are what I call sexy, but not “Gett Off” or “Cream”. They’re great songs though of course!

Get Off is a jam. I used to have it as my ring tone. Those first few seconds get anyone’s attention

At the very end it says:

So we know the October Classics ROTM, but not September? Lol rich

I would love it to be R.E.M. but how can they possibly follow such names as Jim Sullivan, The Silvertones, Phoenix and Experience Unlimited. We’re talking A game here people and one of R.E.M.’s lesser albums doesn’t compete with any of these Essentials.

I actually think this lesser R.E.M. album would be one of the best releases VMP touched but I doubt they would be able to handle it properly. Lots of people (like me) have tons of R.E.M. albums but are missing this and New Adventures/Up/Reveal due to the CD boom and are patiently awaiting reissues. Stop suggesting good albums. It makes the disappointment even worse when you find out it’s Haddaway rather than Prince’s Love Symbol album or Scatman John rather than New Adventures In High Fi.

And the saddest part of all... i’d Rather have Haddaway or Scatman John than the last few album choices. Scatman’s World Crying Out for a reissue people.

As is Hulk Hogan’s Hulk Rules.
I have a Brazilian pressing of Monster I bought like 6 years ago. It’s definitely just OK so I cannot wait until we get the 25th anniversary edition. Also, there’s no way VMP is doing REM. This will be the same as the past few 25th anniversary deals that they’ve put out I’m guessing. Plus storf hates them (not that that matters). But yeah I really want all of the later stuff until Around the Sun. They usually get unfairly written off, but there’s some great stuff on Up and Reveal. New Adventures is a top 5 album by them.

I listened to Jim Sullivan - U.F.O this morning on my way into work (I've been ill for a few days and should have chosen something more upbeat to energise me into the day). I dont think this one is for me unfortunately, I read the mystery behind his death and found that to be more exciting than his album. Reminds me very much of Jackson C. Frank (which is an album I would have definitely been up for).

I listened to Jim Sullivan - U.F.O this morning on my way into work (I've been ill for a few days and should have chosen something more upbeat to energise me into the day). I dont think this one is for me unfortunately, I read the mystery behind his death and found that to be more exciting than his album. Reminds me very much of Jackson C. Frank (which is an album I would have definitely been up for).

I'm with you. Streamed a couple times and the album is just kind of... boring. Calling it psychadelic is a huge stretch, it's just sort of bland folk rock. His story is interesting but yeah this is a pass for me too.

I'm with you. Streamed a couple times and the album is just kind of... boring. Calling it psychadelic is a huge stretch, it's just sort of bland folk rock. His story is interesting but yeah this is a pass for me too.
Yeah, the story is interesting but this album is very bland! I’m extremely underwhelmed by this pick. I dislike the music on this pick a lot. 😭

The Wrecking Crew (and the mix) are what make this at least somewhat interesting. I’m surprised VMP would go so crate-diggery so soon after Experience Unlimited.
Yeah I have a pretty long list of stuff from 1969 I’d rather spend my money on before this. I am on the fence about continuing my subscription. I haven’t been excited about an Essentials release since Loretta Lynn.

Jackson C. Frank

Honestly I seem to like this pick more than most here, but damn, what a harsh comparison, as JCF was wayyy better than old Jim here.

Honestly unless they discover the master tape for this, I'll probably stick to classics or just cancel altogether this month. The double hit of curiosity album with crap needledrop pressed to GZ vinyl is just not worth the $30. Might do a swap but those have been very weak lately.

Honestly I seem to like this pick more than most here, but damn, what a harsh comparison, as JCF was wayyy better than old Jim here.

Honestly unless they discover the master tape for this, I'll probably stick to classics or just cancel altogether this month. The double hit of curiosity album with crap needledrop pressed to GZ vinyl is just not worth the $30. Might do a swap but those have been very weak lately.
It might have been the way I wrote it, but what I meant was that the Jim Sullivan reminded me of the Jackson C. Frank album from the initial listen in terms of genre/mood. I much much prefer the Jackson C. Frank album over UFO.

Back