Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I’m just joking, I know not to get hung up on the name Essentials. Its just kind of funny to me . I can imagine an employee coming in yelling We just got Mariah, she’s perfect for Essentials. !!! VMP CEO shoos him away declaring Mariah who? We got Jim Freaking Sullivan buddy

This sounds like a scene in VINYL followed by Ritchie screaming at his AR staff

Regarding the October ROTM, isn't October about when REM's Monster is getting it's 25 anniversary reissue?

You’ll need to buy that from a store with actual choice. A Northern Irish radio ace scenester posted last year that he had just listened to Monster again and found that not all the tracks were good. What a hot take. Next he’ll be saying he looked at the moon and saw it was in the sky. He was wrong Monster should be taken in the context of Iggy Pop rather than R.E.M. It’s a strong album with knockout moments.

I’M SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE OCTOBER ROTM’s!!!!! 💎🤗🌈

Storf said there will be no exclusives to go with the September ROTM’s but there will be exclusives to go with 2/3 of the ROTM’s in October!

We know the Classics ROTM this October will be from Fania Records, and it looks like we just got the exclusives to go with that Classics ROTM! So that means we should be getting exclusives to go with the October Essentials and Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s! 🙇‍♂️🤔💡

So hyped up for October!! And then the month after we will get the Black Friday Sale!!! Wooo! 🥳🙌😎

I’M SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE OCTOBER ROTM’s!!!!! 💎🤗🌈

Storf said there will be no exclusives to go with the September ROTM’s but there will be exclusives to go with 2/3 of the ROTM’s in October!

We know the Classics ROTM this October will be from Fania Records, and it looks like we just got the exclusives to go with that Classics ROTM! So that means we should be getting exclusives to go with the October Essentials and Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s! 🙇‍♂️🤔💡

So hyped up for October!! And then the month after we will get the Black Friday Sale!!! Wooo! 🥳🙌😎

Or you might just get more Fania.

I would love it to be R.E.M. but how can they possibly follow such names as Jim Sullivan, The Silvertones, Phoenix and Experience Unlimited. We’re talking A game here people and one of R.E.M.’s lesser albums doesn’t compete with any of these Essentials.

I actually think this lesser R.E.M. album would be one of the best releases VMP touched but I doubt they would be able to handle it properly. Lots of people (like me) have tons of R.E.M. albums but are missing this and New Adventures/Up/Reveal due to the CD boom and are patiently awaiting reissues. Stop suggesting good albums. It makes the disappointment even worse when you find out it’s Haddaway rather than Prince’s Love Symbol album or Scatman John rather than New Adventures In High Fi.

And the saddest part of all... i’d Rather have Haddaway or Scatman John than the last few album choices. Scatman’s World Crying Out for a reissue people.

As is Hulk Hogan’s Hulk Rules.

I would love it to be R.E.M. but how can they possibly follow such names as Jim Sullivan, The Silvertones, Phoenix and Experience Unlimited. We’re talking A game here people and one of R.E.M.’s lesser albums doesn’t compete with any of these Essentials.

I actually think this lesser R.E.M. album would be one of the best releases VMP touched but I doubt they would be able to handle it properly. Lots of people (like me) have tons of R.E.M. albums but are missing this and New Adventures/Up/Reveal due to the CD boom and are patiently awaiting reissues. Stop suggesting good albums. It makes the disappointment even worse when you find out it’s Haddaway rather than Prince’s Love Symbol album or Scatman John rather than New Adventures In High Fi.

And the saddest part of all... i’d Rather have Haddaway or Scatman John than the last few album choices. Scatman’s World Crying Out for a reissue people.

As is Hulk Hogan’s Hulk Rules.

The question is has Slimer told Egon that R.E.M. is “out there” enough so he can relay to storf that it’s essential...

The question is has Slimer told Egon that R.E.M. is “out there” enough so he can relay to storf that it’s essential...

Possibly they could angle ‘Hey we’re the first to say this is their best album dudes. Y’all missed this first time around but What’s the Frequency Kenneth? was a jammmmm bros!!’ Also Tongue?!!!? Like Stipe be singing way high, like a girl on that track. Reminds me of Barry Gibb. Slamming. And remember we’re the first to say it’s great.’

😉

I would be happy with that, but I want something more exciting and refreshing. Fingers crossed we get exclusives for the Essentials and Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM’s!

You could not buy the exclusives and save the money to buy Jill Jones. You would play it more and be one step closer to being like me. Win - win

You could not buy the exclusives and save the money to buy Jill Jones. You would play it more and be one step closer to being like me. Win - win
Can you kidnap?!?! 🤫

So then you can immerse me in Prince’s discography and all the other albums from the 80’s that exist because of him (The Family, The Time, Vanity 6 etc). That would be a dream come true! 🤤

Your favourite Prince album is “Controversy”, so I know there’s something unique about you! 😉

Can you kidnap?!?! 🤫

So then you can immerse me in Prince’s discography and all the other albums from the 80’s that exist because of him (The Family, The Time, Vanity 6 etc). That would be a dream come true! 🤤

Your favourite Prince album is “Controversy”, so I know there’s something unique about you! 😉

Actually Parade is my favourite Nathan. It’s just so we’ll played and produced. Amazing.

Can you kidnap?!?! 🤫

Controversy is classic mind you. Parade, The Love Symbol Album, Purple Rain, Sign O The Times, Dirty Mind, Controversy, 1999, Gold Experience, Jill Jones, Vanity 6, What Time Is It?, The Rainbow Children, Lovesexy, Batman are all favourites. I’m going to listen to all his albums and side albums chronologically as I do this with one of my mates and discuss them. We do a new album every week day. We’re finishing off Dylan now and this has spurred us on to go for Prince next. If you want to join me on this mad odyssey i’ll Post the albums on here and when I’m going to begin.

I’m so stupid that i feel like you must be such a mysterious person if that’s your favourite Prince album 🙊

Parade i’ve Listened to millions of times and hear something new every time. Love Wendy & Lisa’s contributions and I think that the Revolution (Counterrevolution) was at a peak on that tour. I even like Under The Cherry Moon. Great outtakes for Parade too. Have you ever heard this?

Controversy is classic mind you. Parade, The Love Symbol Album, Purple Rain, Sign O The Times, Dirty Mind, Controversy, 1999, Gold Experience, Jill Jones, Vanity 6, What Time Is It?, The Rainbow Children, Lovesexy, Batman are all favourites. I’m going to listen to all his albums and side albums chronologically as I do this with one of my mates and discuss them. We do a new album every week day. We’re finishing off Dylan now and this has spurred us on to go for Prince next. If you want to join me on this mad odyssey i’ll Post the albums on here and when I’m going to begin.
This is my top 10 from Prince and his affiliates!

1. Prince - Dirty Mind
2. Prince - 1999
3. Prince - Purple Rain
4. Prince - Controversy
5. Prince - Sign O’ The Times
6. Vanity 6 - Vanity 6
7. The Family - The Family
8. Jill Jones - Jill Jones
9. Prince - Parade
10. The Time - What Time Is It!?!?

Back