Vinyl Me Please Essentials

OMG, I tried listening to The Shaggs again because it seems like a strong contender to be the September Essentials ROTM and I just couldn’t......🙅‍♂️

i was actually getting pissed off at the sluggish vocals lol. Feels like there isn’t much chemistry between the musicians 🤦‍♂️

Is it me or does The Shaggs sound like they do rock music for babies/toddlers 🤷‍♂️

Also, the band name “The Shaggs” is gross. In Australia, if you want to shag someone, you want to f**k them 🤣

Album cover is awkward and hideous and the music sounds like it was never meant to be.....

It’s ok if it’s The Shaggs as the Essentials ROTM. But geez, what a lazy and cheap pick 😠

OMG, I tried listening to The Shaggs again because it seems like a strong contender to be the September Essentials ROTM and I just couldn’t......🙅‍♂️

i was actually getting pissed off at the sluggish vocals lol. Feels like there isn’t much chemistry between the musicians 🤦‍♂️

Is it me or does The Shaggs sound like they do rock music for babies/toddlers 🤷‍♂️

Also, the band name “The Shaggs” is gross. In Australia, if you want to shag someone, you want to f**k them 🤣

Album cover is awkward and hideous and the music sounds like it was never meant to be.....

It’s ok if it’s The Shaggs as the Essentials ROTM. But geez, what a lazy and cheap pick 😠
The Shaggs are kind of a historical oddity because Zappa and apparently Cobain have both calimed to really like; a truly naïve work that appeals to the more highly-conceptual-minded among us because it's something that the most musically well-versed people in the world could never, ever make. A kind of musical anti-ideal. I don't know that there is anyone here who would think VMP would actually every go for Philosophy of the World. Cue the imaginary schadenfreude ensuing if they did.

Recently had a conversation with a coworker about the difference between brave and stupid. Brave is stupid that dodged consequences. Stupid is caught consequences that were practically a given for the circumstance.
Mmm... Fair enough but I prefer to think of bravery as wilfully, meaningfully, well-thought-out and well-forecast stupidity.

It's not you. They stink. That's the allure for people who like irony. I'm just hear to collect good music. That would make them a hard pass for me.

Edit: I mean I like irony as much as the next guy, but not at the expense of space on my shelf.

The Shaggs are kind of a historical oddity because Zappa and apparently Cobain have both calimed to really like; a truly naïve work that appeals to the more highly-conceptual-minded among us because it's something that the most musically well-versed people in the world could never, ever make. A kind of musical anti-ideal. I don't know that there is anyone here who would think VMP would actually every go for Philosophy of the World. Cue the imaginary schadenfreude ensuing if they did.

Mmm... Fair enough but I prefer to think of bravery as wilfully, meaningfully, well-thought-out and well-forecast stupidity.
So it’s like the musical equivalent of The Room?

In a broad sense, but it'd be like Wiseau had nothing but a producer credit and no-one else wanted to be there, from directors to writers to actors. You can laugh at or with The Room but doing either with The Shaggs always kind of ends up underpinned with pity...

Ok, I’m just going to give my honest thoughts on The Shaggs’ Philosophy of The World. I don’t care if it seems over the top, but this is how I feel about The Shaggs.

It would be cool owning the record because I definitely see how it’s a record that in a lot of people’s eyes, is genius......and such an album could not be replicated like @Phaneronic mentioned! 🧐

Like this record would make me look smart and like a real music nerd! And nothing is more sexy than an attractive music nerd, right? I’m just joking! 😂🤓 (got you @Joe Mac )

But at the same time, this record will make me and my collection less attractive. Like do you know how ugly it will look having The Shaggs, and then Destiny’s Child and Britney Spears in the same cube. Like ewwwwww 😖

I mean, I have Bratmobile’s Pottymouth and that’s a really different album to have, but it has so much sex appeal. That album is so raunchy, direct and had this unmatchable hyper sexual energy. It reminds me of a really hot, wooooo topless kinda girl riding those toy bulls at a bar, but the bull is going so fast and crazy! That album just yells “f**k me”!

Vanity 6, like I said before is also a bit dumb and has this super fun energy, but again, it has so much sex appeal, I love it!!! A bit like that pretending to be dumb, flirtatious, I’m a popular teenager kind of sexy aesthetic.

So I can excuse an album like Bratmoble in my collection because it’s sexy and raunchy! But The Shaggs.........this honestly sounds like they are playing at a kids fair and no one cares, which is displayed through their energy and vocals etc

The Shaggs has no sex appeal, and it just makes me giggle and cringe at the same time when I hear their songs. It’s so ugly, I can’t deal. But I know it’s a unique album.

But I need my record collection to be attractive and to replicate my personality. So I’m not going to be getting The Shaggs! 🙅‍♂️

If it was really sexual, maybe, but I’m not getting anything sexy at all from this album. So this album won’t make me look badass and sexy like Bratmobile or cutesy, innocent and adorable like Loretta Lynn. Instead, The Shaggs will make me look like a stoner who has bad taste in food and eats canned food because they’d rather spend their money on cigarettes and crap alcohol 😝

Let’s hope it’s not The Shaggs! 🙏

No. The Room is hilarious. I love it. The Shaggs is like ugly and strange in a different way. I don’t think they’ll do The Shaggs as it would be career suicide and a disdain for casual subscribers. But so was closing the forum/changing the return policy/rising the prices.

Ok, I’m just going to give my honest thoughts on The Shaggs’ Philosophy of The World. I don’t care if it seems over the top, but this is how I feel about The Shaggs.

It would be cool owning the record because I definitely see how it’s a record that in a lot of people’s eyes, is genius......and such an album could not be replicated like @Phaneronic mentioned! 🧐

Like this record would make me look smart and like a real music nerd! And nothing is more sexy than an attractive music nerd, right? I’m just joking! 😂🤓 (got you @Joe Mac )

But at the same time, this record will make me and my collection less attractive. Like do you know how ugly it will look having The Shaggs, and then Destiny’s Child and Britney Spears in the same cube. Like ewwwwww 😖

I mean, I have Bratmobile’s Pottymouth and that’s a really different album to have, but it has so much sex appeal. That album is so raunchy, direct and had this unmatchable hyper sexual energy. It reminds me of a really hot, wooooo topless kinda girl riding those toy bulls at a bar, but the bull is going so fast and crazy! That album just yells “f**k me”!

Vanity 6, like I said before is also a bit dumb and has this super fun energy, but again, it has so much sex appeal, I love it!!! A bit like that pretending to be dumb, flirtatious, I’m a popular teenager kind of sexy aesthetic.

So I can excuse an album like Bratmoble in my collection because it’s sexy and raunchy! But The Shaggs.........this honestly sounds like they are playing at a kids fair and no one cares, which is displayed through their energy and vocals etc

The Shaggs has no sex appeal, and it just makes me giggle and cringe at the same time when I hear their songs. It’s so ugly, I can’t deal. But I know it’s a unique album.

But I need my record collection to be attractive and to replicate my personality. So I’m not going to be getting The Shaggs! 🙅‍♂️

If it was really sexual, maybe, but I’m not getting anything sexy at all from this album. So this album won’t make me look badass and sexy like Bratmobile or cutesy, innocent and adorable like Loretta Lynn. Instead, The Shaggs will make me look like a stoner who has bad taste in food and eats canned food because they’d rather spend their money on cigarettes and crap alcohol 😝

Let’s hope it’s not The Shaggs! 🙏

I doth believe he protests too much. Nathan for The Shaggs

No. The Room is hilarious. I love it. The Shaggs is like ugly and strange in a different way. I don’t think they’ll do The Shaggs as it would be career suicide and a disdain for casual subscribers. But so was closing the forum/changing the return policy/rising the prices.
It’s times like this where I wish Storf could come in and say “It’s not The Shaggs. There’s no way we would choose them to be a ROTM”

I don’t think we’ll be getting The Shaggs now. It’s just that so many people on here were so excited about the possibility of it being The Shaggs!

Shutting down the forum is still pretty heart-breaking. I love needlesandgrooves so much but I miss the VMP forum a lot.

I can’t wait for the Black Friday sale! I’m so hyped up for it! I’m not going to buy any exclusives from now on unless I really want them!

It’s times like this where I wish Storf could come in and say “It’s not The Shaggs. There’s no way we would choose them to be a ROTM”

I don’t think we’ll be getting The Shaggs now. It’s just that so many people on here were so excited about the possibility of it being The Shaggs!

Shutting down the forum is still pretty heart-breaking. I love needlesandgrooves so much but I miss the VMP forum a lot.

I can’t wait for the Black Friday sale! I’m so hyped up for it! I’m not going to buy any exclusives from now on unless I really want them!

The savings might return them to the price they were pre-price hike. I predict cheaper copies of Torres, Lapsey, Betty Davis and the others that can’t be shifted.

Back